Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2019 5:00:03 PM EDT
I have a trust from when I filed some forms in OK. Now I live in Texas. I did the 5320.20 to move here.

Now I want to fill out a 5320.20 for travel.

Is my trust still addressed in OK, or do I use my new address in Texas for box 1?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your “From” should be the address you’re going from...it’s really that simple. If you’ve moved, your old address has nothing to do with it.
View Quote
Right, there’s the transporting from which is box 6. I know that will be my new address.

But did my trust move when I moved? Box 1 is name and address of registered owner.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You filed 5320.20s when you moved. Put your current address as the To, and checked the box to say they won't be returned to the original location.

So, again, your old address has nothing to do with it.
View Quote
This.

And trusts do not "have an address".  If your trust document mentions an address, it was only there better identify you as the executor of the document.  If you really want to keep the trust strong and avoid possible confusion, add an amendment to the trust saying you moved and list your new address.  But that all done for you and your trust.

As far as the ATF knows, your current address is the address you use (because you filed that old 5320.20) and the original address is out of the picture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top