Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2021 5:07:10 PM EDT
First of all I want to thank @number40fan for the drilling fixture which made it a breeze to drill the holes centered, techjunkie on the form1 suppressor board for the spacers and end cap drill bushing , brunosplace also on the form1 suppressor board for the awesome diffusion wall, and Mark at NCEngravers for the cerakote and engraving.

I put in a form 1 on 10/3/2020 and was approved yesterday (4/6/2021) so almost 7 months on the nose... ATF needs to hire more people apparently.
This suppressor was done with basic tools, drill press, hand drill, a few files, and some sandpaper.
It weighs 12.80 oz.
Spacing is BC 1.269 - Diffusion wall 1.025 - 1st cone 0.772 - 2nd cone 0.614 - 3rd cone 0.416 - spacer 0.403
I figured I have 0.023" left to take off the last skirted cone to be dead nuts but wanted to put some rounds through it for settling it in, then do the final adjustment.
1st cone is a 60 degree heated stainless steel single clipped.
2nd and 3rd are stepped cones with DHC.

I compared this side by side to my YHM Turbo and it's slightly louder with a deeper tone.
It's hard to tell how much louder with my ears but it's a pleasant sound and I'm completely happy to have it join the rest of the family! haha

This was my first attempt at a single clip, it's a bit crooked but I can live with it.
Here's some pics for you guys.

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Fantastic! I have the same diffuser wall from bruno for my talon kurz can. I think I am going to let nick handle it since I am on the waiting list anyway.

Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool man!
The machining on the diffusion wall and talon tube are seriously top notch!
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like that diffusion wall.  The AAC 416-SD has something similar, I believe.  Seems like that'd be pretty easy to bang out on the lathe...what are the specs on the tube (material, diameter)?
View Quote

Diameter of the tube is 1.625OD x 1.500 ID.
And it's made of CWSR Gr9 Titanium.
It's a fun one to shoot because it's so short.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top