Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 12:33:17 AM EDT
I've watched several reviews of these including a torture test on YouTube and they seem like a great PC for around 200 bucks. I don't see much mention of them here though. I'm wondering if anybody has one and likes it? Is there a compelling reason to spend one or two hundred more hard earned American dollars on something else? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:49:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've watched several reviews of these including a torture test on YouTube and they seem like a great PC for around 200 bucks. I don't see much mention of them here though. I'm wondering if anybody has one and likes it? Is there a compelling reason to spend one or two hundred more hard earned American dollars on something else? Thanks!
View Quote

For 200 bills you can for sure do better - 5.11 makes all their gear overseas.

To compare:

A Crye JPC is around $210, Ferro Concepts Slickster is $158, First Spear STT is $200 on SKD...  All made in the US or Canada.

So roughly the same money for a Chinese-made PC (TacTec) - you are not really getting the most for your money IMHO - hope this helps.

If you don't have them already, what plates are you thinking of getting?  That will effect your choice of PC.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To compare:

A Crye JPC is around $210, Ferro Concepts Slickster is $158, First Spear STT is $200 on SKD...  All made in the US or Canada.

So roughly the same money for a Chinese-made PC (TacTec) - you are not really getting the most for your money IMHO - hope this helps.

If you don't have them already, what plates are you thinking of getting?  That will effect your choice of PC.
View Quote

5.11 used to make some good stuff ( I still love their jeans). They shipped everything overseas and the quality just isn't there anymore IMO. The post above is why you don't ever see them mentioned here. There's better American made stuff for the same price or cheaper available.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

To compare:

View Quote

These are paying full price too. I picked up my Slickster for $135 new, but I have seen them as low as $120 new.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Ah thanks, shoot didn't realize they were made in CHY NAH. I'm getting RMA III+ multicurve plates.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Good choice on plates :)

And yeah, I hate to say their tactical gear is pretty junk unless you only intend to use their carriers for like cross fit training (still overpriced)

As others said, I still love their clothing options. Just stay away from their "tactical/combat" gear lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the feedback, makes sense why I didn't see them mentioned much. I'll check the RMA plate thread again to double check PCs that fit the plates OK. I recall the JPC 2 was recommended to fit the thicker plates. Didn't realize the Crye was so inexpensive, seemed like when I looked the price was higher. I'm willing to spend up to $300 or so on the right gear. Just seems hard to compare all the models available.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback, makes sense why I didn't see them mentioned much. I'll check the RMA plate thread again to double check PCs that fit the plates OK. I recall the JPC 2 was recommended to fit the thicker plates. Didn't realize the Crye was so inexpensive, seemed like when I looked the price was higher. I'm willing to spend up to $300 or so on the right gear. Just seems hard to compare all the models available.
View Quote

Almost all known brands will be GTG

Medium plates to medium carrier. Ferro concepts, Crye, Spiritus, Etc. They should all fit :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top