Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 10:18:26 AM EDT
I am a firearms instructor at work and had to take a  instructor development course.

I was gonna run the AR, but decided I'd use the ACR instead. First day I put 1500 rounds through it and had zero failures. Second day the same, 1500 rounds zero failures. Third day 1000 rounds and had one failure to fire.

I did not clean or lube the rifle through the whole course.

Total round count so far is about 10k. Only minor repairs and maintenance has been performed.  I replaced the firing pin at about 8k. It's been almost flawless since the first round.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Loved mine,but it was too front heavy.

Yep I guess I'm a sissy man
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#2]
What class was that?

I want to like the ACR but I just can't accept the cost and I have an irrational mistrust of the company making them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Loved mine,but it was too front heavy.

Yep I guess I'm a sissy man
View Quote
I had Marvin Pitts cut down and dimple mine.  I then put an RPM SBR hand guard on it. It lightened the front up a lot.

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What class was that?

I want to like the ACR but I just can't accept the cost and I have an irrational mistrust of the company making them.
View Quote
It was an instructor development course. At my agency all the firearms instructors have to go through the class.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Its hard to see in your avatar, so how about a picture?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its hard to see in your avatar, so how about a picture?
View Quote
Done!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It was an instructor development course. At my agency all the firearms instructors have to go through the class.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What class was that?

Lucky,  my captain and sheriff would have a stroke if I tried to requisition that much ammo for anything much less 1 person lol.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#9]
One failure to fire in 4000 rounds is pretty damn good. Hell, I'd attribute it to the ammo before the rifle.

Not bad. Not bad at all.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One failure to fire in 4000 rounds is pretty damn good. Hell, I'd attribute it to the ammo before the rifle.

Not bad. Not bad at all.
View Quote
For sure!  When I was shooting 62 grain it was good as soon as I switched to 55g is when I had the failure to fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top