Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2018 6:52:53 PM EDT
Whats my best bet for suppressing my stock m10/45? Id rather not buy a new upper even though they're cool, but ill take opinions on that too as far as adding a can goes
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a few options out there. I bought a Bowers CAC-45 when I had a MAC 10. It does pretty well, and the latest baffle stack is worlds better than the original stack that came in mine back in 2000.

A rebuilt SWD can (or an original with fresh wipes) actually sounds pretty good too.

I was impressed with the Gemtech Viper on the MAC, but I don’t think they make those any more.

With any MAC can screwed onto original threads, you need to have a way to keep the can in place. Because it will unthread. The Viper is nice for this with its ratcheting locking mechanism.

Otherwise you will want a can cover and hold on tight.

Did I mention that the coarse MAC threads suck?

The better option is to get the end of the barrel threaded in an appropriate fine thread pitch and get a can that will thread onto that. It really is a better setup.

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The problem with coarse MAC threads is that they provide zero meaningful alignment between the barrel and silencer. The can has to butt up against the flat face of the receiver for alignment. Allow the can to unscrew even the slightest bit and it will be misaligned and you will get baffle strikes.

Below is the last baffle and endcap on my can.  This happened when I thought I was gripping the can tight enough. I was using one of those old nomex covers, and they’re not very grippy.  I ended up putting a few bursts into the mouth of the baffles. I’m probably lucky I didn’t deflect one through the side of the can.

These are the original M-baffles that the first gen was built with. I’ve had the can upgraded a few times since then.

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I second GarrettJ, have the muzzle threaded to what you want. I did that with my lage max10/45 and couldn't be happier. Coarse threads suck.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Uhm... 3-lug all things.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
love my CAC45 w/griptastic
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Posted this in the Suppressor forum, there's a Gemtech Viper 45 available at SilencerShop right now. If you want one I'd jump on it as these are some of the last ones.

https://www.silencershop.com/gemtech-viper.html

Edit: All gone...
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
At first I ran a octane 45 on a lage upper and it was ok. I got a deal on a thompson sg2 and it's  better by far,very happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top