Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2018 1:02:30 PM EDT
We recently went to Whitehorse, Yukon and stopped in a fun store there.  Saw a Chippaw 45-70 take down with a 12" barrel!  I bet that would be a hand full, but a good rifle to have back packing or as a back up!  Not sure how good the rifle is, but interesting none the less!
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We recently went to Whitehorse, Yukon and stopped in a fun store there.  Saw a Chippaw 45-70 take down with a 12" barrel!  I bet that would be a hand full, but a good rifle to have back packing or as a back up!  Not sure how good the rifle is, but interesting none the less!
View Quote
they were a custom run for a gun store up here.

They did a .44 version too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I wanted one of those in 44 magnum but couldn't find an importer.  Wound up building my own SBR using a stainless Marlin 44 mag instead.  Once the stamp comes back I'm going to build a stainless 45-70 too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted one of those in 44 magnum but couldn't find an importer.  Wound up building my own SBR using a stainless Marlin 44 mag instead.  Once the stamp comes back I'm going to build a stainless 45-70 too.
https://i.imgur.com/7Lyvz2Wh.jpg
View Quote
NFA firearms fall under the Restricted Importation category and can only be imported for .gov/LE sales, regardless of type of NFA firearm (silencers, SBR's, SBS', etc, not just MG's).

ATF guidebook on firearms importation
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, that explains why I couldn't find an importer.  Glad I went with the Marlin over the import though, this little thing is a beast with full house loads.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
You might be able to import it with a welded sleeve to extend the barrel and remove it after a tax stamp and import
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top