Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2018 11:10:57 AM EDT
Do I order sight unseen a 336C new, or a 336w at a big box where I can observe and try out? Both are New.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You could probably find a used JM gun on armslist for less.  Or take your chances on a new gun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Do NOT buy sight unseen. You are stupid if you do, and get what you deserve.

Do NOT listen to a JM zealot. They are stuck on early Remlin stock, and don't know what they are talking about.
Aside from the FACT that JM's were not all perfect. I have three Remlins that are great rifles, including a 336W, and a JM 30AS that isn't.

You are not likely to get a JM cheaper that a Remlin, the JM zealots have seen to that.

Go to Wal-Mart and get a 336W for $348.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, the only difference between a 336C and a 336W is the grade of the wood for the stock and forearm. Do you care about that? You probably wouldn't be asking if so. For a woods/hunting gun I would buy the cheaper 336W. Spend the rest of the money on ammo.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable about these things will be along to point out other differences between the two.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
My last 336ss I bought about a month ago, it is one sweet lever action rifle, the latest ones are GTG.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Get yourself a JM. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC, the only difference between a 336C and a 336W is the grade of the wood for the stock and forearm. Do you care about that? You probably wouldn't be asking if so. For a woods/hunting gun I would buy the cheaper 336W. Spend the rest of the money on ammo
View Quote
The C has deep blued receiver, the w has a satin finished blued receiver. They will look very different

i would look at a c first unless only price mattered. I hate cheep looking finishes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top