Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2018 9:47:41 PM EDT
I'm wanting to put a 1-4x24  (30mm) scope on my Marlin.  I'm not concerned about retaining the use of my irons.  I'd prefer to have a set of rings or 1-piece mount that attaches straight to the top of the receiver instead of a pic rail setup.

Right now I'm looking at the DNZ game reaper #12048 but that's mostly due to lack of options in 30mm

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
This is about it. The only other option is a Weaver rail or a set of Weaver bases.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Talley makes 30mm rings for Marlin
Talley
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Talley makes 30mm rings for Marlin
Talley
View Quote
Thanks!  That's what I was looking for.

Now to decide between the two.  I do kind of like the 1 piece mount because they will come aligned but the distances I'm shooting subsonic .38 spl it shouldn't matter.

Any opinions if I want extra-low or low?  Scope is a Leupold VX5 1-5.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I had an illuminated 30mm Leupold 1.5-5x20 on one of my Marlins but hated how heavy it was and how tall it sat.  I replaced it with a 1" 1.5-5x20 instead and never looked back.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had an illuminated 30mm Leupold 1.5-5x20 on one of my Marlins but hated how heavy it was and how tall it sat.  I replaced it with a 1" 1.5-5x20 instead and never looked back.
View Quote
Good to know, thanks.  What scope did you go with?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top