Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2019 8:22:40 PM EDT
I got a 11.5” mcx sbr and wanted a 9” in 556 but would had to get a hybrid. I was talked Into the 11.5” and glad I got it like the stock better. I had handled the hybrid 9” 556 and liked the stock on it and the short barrel but liked the virtual style rail forearm and butt stock the best so glad I went that route. Now I have seen 300 bo in 9” setup and leaning on that. I almost bought one recently and now will have to save up or get the barrel conversion instead. Since I bought some other stuff out of the funds lol.
I did like the rattler looks but not handed one yet. I myself don’t care about the copper head version. I feel I have to get a rattler while there out there if I get one. Or just do barrel conversion and do maybe 9” 300bo. It would save money and I could get it now but not sure if I want to change barrels every so often or get another rifle lol?
I like the looks of the rattler but silenced 300bo more practical then 556 I think. Its all tempting. I have silencers so a shorty be nice. Honestly a 9” 300bo would be fine.

Now your saying 6.75” barrel and longer just barrel and rail swap right?

Those who have shorties what you go with more 300 bo or 556?
What’s 300bo owners thoughts on barrel length?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#1]
If you’re going to shoot suppressed I would differently go with the 300 black in an 8” - 9” barrel. Just my $.02
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an 11.5" 556 and thought about getting the 6.x 300blk.
But after thinking about it, I'll just get a 16" 300blk barrel and cut it to 11.5 so I don't have to swap hand guards
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
You could always sell your 5.56 Virtus barrel to offset the cost of the 9" Blackout barrel.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought about the 16” 300 bo barrel and cut it down to 11.5” so I would not have to swap hand guards. But I like the looks of the shorter barrel and hand guards. So most likely just get 9” kit.
Now those who gone shorter with 6” kit did you see much difference then the 9” barrel length on accuracy?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
In general, shorter barrels should be more accurate than longer ones. Considering that the difference in length is minor, and there is a very fast twist rate there is likely to be next to no measurable difference in accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Update: just traded a buddy for my 16" 556 barrel for his 16" 300BO barrel.

Gonna chop it to 11.5" and put a different muzzle device then what my 556 barrel has. That way, like someone said above, I don't have to change hand guards.

Being this is is the same gen barrel, I don't have to change bolts either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top