Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2020 6:45:50 PM EDT
Wondering if anyone is 3 hole punching their completed 4473's and storing them in a binder.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wondering if anyone is 3 hole punching their completed 4473's and storing them in a binder.
View Quote

Get the clear plastic sheet protectors that already have holes punched.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't think of that. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
How many 4473's you run in a year?
I put my bound books in the big 4" three ring binders, but would never use page protectors on 4473's too expensive and not needed.
I'm hitting 2000 F4473's a year, putting them in binders would be a waste of binders and makes storage even more space consuming.
I've filled one five drawer lateral file cabinet and have half of a drawer filled on cabinet #2.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How many 4473's you run in a year?
I put my bound books in the big 4" three ring binders, but would never use page protectors on 4473's too expensive and not needed.
I'm hitting 2000 F4473's a year, putting them in binders would be a waste of binders and makes storage even more space consuming.
I've filled one five drawer lateral file cabinet and have half of a drawer filled on cabinet #2.
View Quote

Just started running them. If I had to guess 50 a year. I do have a file cabinet at work, mayne I'll just male some space there. Probably easier.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

You must not have many 4473s...

Get a plastic (banker style box) case like Sterilite that seals tight and put them in that. Depending on volume, put month/year separators.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Plastic bankers box with folding lid, dividers by month.  They are strong enough to stack 3-4 high.  Costco has them pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two big three-ring binders. One binder keeps my FFL copies for dealers i work with directly split into Valid FFL's and Expired/Invalid FFL's. I also keep corporate documents (inside plastic protectors), my FFL license and some other key items.

In the second binder, I keep the 4473's (driver's license, other identity docs and the one-off FFL's if any to the transaction) organized into year using dividers. Everything except for my corporate docs gets a 3 hole-punch. When I spoke to the ATF, they e=are fine knowing that I was hole punching the 4473.

when the ATF comes, I grab both binders and thus far have no issues.

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You must not have many 4473s...

Get a plastic (banker style box) case like Sterilite that seals tight and put them in that. Depending on volume, put month/year separators.
View Quote

Dang.  For some reason my eyeballs read 4473 but my brain translated thsat as F1 or F4.

Sheet protectors for 4473s is overkill.

I might just store them by month in manilla folders, and toss them in a bankers box.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dang.  For some reason my eyeballs read 4473 but my brain translated thsat as F1 or F4.

Sheet protectors for 4473s is overkill.

I might just store them by month in manilla folders, and toss them in a bankers box.
View Quote

For a minute I thought you were that teacher who laminates everything she copies.
<----teacher by day/merchant of death after school.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:36:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I punch mine. If I was a huge store I wouldn't be able to get away with it. I'm thinking about taking the oldest of my forms and just putting them in cold storage at this point
Everything associated with a particular transfer is attached to that transfer. The common repeat FFLs usually send a new copy of their paperwork with each transfer anyways, so I don't bother keeping their info in a separate reference file.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I save certain size box that I get product delivered in. It’s just perfect to put in there 8.5x11 size papers.

Not only for 4473s I also use the same method for all other invoices, documents, copies etc of my other businesses. So Instead buying those bankers boxes (which are actually expensive  btw) I recycle received shipment boxes. I organize them in bundles a certain way and then use one of those usps like envelope type mailers. Pretty much it’s a large pouch/envelope type thing. The material is not just simple paper it’s some sort of shipping/mailing material and holds up really well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top