Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2020 12:45:53 PM EDT
Currently have the Turbo K.  Looking to add a second.  Left eye dominant, shoot rifles left handed so gas can be a factor.  I do have a Superlative adjustable on one set up and willing to add it to the others.  I do not have anything larger than 5.56.  Looking to suppress 16”, 11.5” and a 10.5”.  Love the short set ups but have the majority of my money tied up in the 16”.  It’s the SHTF, Reece, Mr. Reliability and factory BCM that I trust the most.

Considering:

YHM Turbo
Don’t have any gas to the face issues with the K but many reviews seem to indicate the Turbo has a lot of blowback.

YHM Resonator K
Keeping with the YHM for muzzle device consistency.  Numbers don’t look great though.

Surefire Socom RC
Thinking of keeping the Turbo K on the 16” and running the RC on the shorties.  Also know this would sound pretty good on the 16 if I went that route.

Surefire Mini
Keep Turbo K for shorties and run the Mini on the 16.  Slightly leaning this direction.

Griffin M4SD/M4SDk
Never been around one but seem to receive some solid reviews.

OSS
I know they’re other ways to mitigate the gas.  Would be nice to keep the 16” BCM factory built and this seems like a good option without any worries of gas.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
.30 cal would be my suggestion.

Don't just get another Turbo full-size
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Resonator or Resonator k if you want another K can.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Being that you went full size starting off i'd definitely go 30 cal. Resonator R2 would probably be my choice though i'm a sucker for K cans.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.30 cal would be my suggestion.

Don't just get another Turbo full-size
View Quote

Yup
Resonator
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Being that you went full size starting off i'd definitely go 30 cal. Resonator R2 would probably be my choice though i'm a sucker for K cans.
View Quote

I currently have the Turbo K.  Thinking of getting a full sized as a second.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do second the idea of considering a .30 caliber suppressor. Even though you currently use only 5.56, it's always nice to have something versatile in case you decide to try new calibers. The .30 can should also have lower backpressure due to the larger bore diameter.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a full sized 30 cal can.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get a full sized 30 cal can.
View Quote

this
will be less gassy due to larger bore
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Or possibly wait for the soon to be released R9 from YHM.  It does have some barrel length restrictions so you would have to use it on your 16 incher and leave the turbo K on your shorter barrels.  Being a 9mm bore it should be lower backpressure, allow you to run it on your current 16 in host, any .30 bore host you might pick up down the road in addition to 9mm ones. Think of it as a 9mm subgun can that happens to pull double duty as a centerfire rifle K can.  You might want a suppressed PCC or handgun in your future. It along with the Wolfman, Omega 36 etc.. gives you options.  YHM is releasing their all Ti Nitro 2 later in the year as well.  Might be worth a look.

I know you said you only have 5.56 mm at the moment but that might change.  If your serious about not getting another K can and I can understand that I think the Resonator would be your better bet.  I recently jailed the R2 version.  I'm very pleased with it.  If your willing to spend considerably more which it sounds like you might since you mentioned Surefire I think you would do far better looking elsewhere.  Dead Air's Nomad, Rugged's Radiant, Sico Omega etc.... would be money way better spent.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the input.  I’m not really set on YHM due to cost.  They have some great reviews and just happen to be affordable. I am looking at the Dead Air products, specifically the S.  They seem like a viable alternative because I could always run the Turbo K with their mounting system.  Just seems kind of goofy to put a $200+ mount on a $350 suppressor that has a mount which seems to be working fine as is.

I do have some time behind a Rugged suppressor and I’m not sure if it was the host or what but I found it to be exceptionally gassy.  The most gas I’ve ever experienced from shooting suppressed.  On the flip side of that, I’ve found the Surefire cans to be very gas friendly.  I wish there were some solid reviews on the OSS 5.56k.  If there is, I can’t seem to find them.  

While cost may not be a major factor in the next suppressor purchase.  It does play a role in my decision on what calibers I tend to shoot.  I go the range a pretty fair amount and while I’d love to get 300 blackout.  The ammo seems to be about double the cost or more of 5.56.  That tends to hold me back.  More recently though, I have got the idea in my head of getting one of these little pistol bolt action 300 blackouts.  Seems like a pretty sweet package.

I’m almost just thinking about buying every YHM can.  At the price point they’re at, doesn’t seem like too outrageous of an idea.  Just snag them as the pop up in stock.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:01:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Funny you mention putting a $225 dollar mount on an inexpensive suppressor lol.  I did just that because I already have a Sandman K and all of my hosts are setup for it.  Plus I know it seems ridiculous but I just don't like the aesthetics of the YHM QD solution.  So now I have one just sitting here in the parts bin as I immediately threw the keymo on that Resonator.

By all means if you really want the Surefire go for it.  You have to be happy with the purchase since it's your hard earned money.  If you just want to dedicate something to a bunch of different hosts YHM is definitely making that possible these days without breaking the bank.

.300blk subs are a joy to shoot.  Even the supers are not that bad when compared to a 5.56 rig.  Wolf is bringing in cheap .300blk steel very soon.  I've been tempted to buy an inexpensive .300blk barrel and do another budget build just for that very reason.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:52:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Why not a rim fire an?

I’m news d have a recently jailed R2 and wanted a Yhm k next, but everyone was like get a rim fire can in between so stinger on order. Then I’ll decide if the k next or r9
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#14]
And target had the wolf steel 300 black last week, supers, subs still on for summer
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:09:13 AM EDT
[#15]
KeyMo does look much better than the YHM Mount.  You’re right about that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Another vote for YHM resonator.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top