Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2021 10:22:55 PM EDT
Hey gang.  Was up at the cabin last week and was going through my grandfather’s old gun cabinet that I have and found a bunch of boxes of old 25 short Stevens ammo tucked in the back.  My uncle doesn’t remember him ever having one so I don’t expect there’s one around, so I really have no use for the ammo.  Any collectibility for it?  Not sure if I should hang onto it for any reason or just offload it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
would be sweet to find an old stevens favorite rifle to go with it. I'd say it's worth keeping if your into collecting cool stuff like that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a buddy that was given the rifle from his grandfather. Beautiful gun, but in the 15 years he's had it we've never found any ammo for it. If you might be willing to part with a box maybe we could work out a trade or something. PM if so! thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Learned about a new cartridge, never heard of that one. wikipedia says it was discontinued in 1942. I would imagine that additional ammo is almost impossible to find.

Edit, looks like there is one listing on gunbroker, not my listing, yikes at that price though. also a couple rifles on there as well.

25 stevens gunbroker
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an old stevens... let me know what have and what you want for it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve gotta get back up there and get them.  I forget what manufacturer they were.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Ended up being 9 boxes of Winchester.  8 still sealed, 1 open but all there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top