Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2019 9:42:15 AM EDT
Whats out there for 22mag in semi auto?

I want svelt &great handling. Lightweight. Iron sights are a must. Ability to put a peep sight is preferred.

I know of the Savage. Freakin hideous looking rifle. But if it works I could get past it.

Do they just not work in actions like the Model 60 & 10/22?

Cause a Model 60 in 22mag sounds pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't think this'll help much but I have a 10/22 mag.It runs like a sewing machine and is almost as accurate as my Marlin bolt gun.

They Bring a lot of $$$ now though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#2]
CZ512
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CZ512
View Quote
Or, if you really wanted to drop some coin, Look for the 512's predecessor, the BRNO ZKM 611.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]
What application do you have for such a  rifle?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I would buy the crap out of that CZ.  Looking to see if they have one in 17 right now...
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  What application do you have for such a  rifle?
View Quote
Small game, pigs, burglars.

OP, if lightweight is the criterion, look @ the Kel-Tec.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CZ512
View Quote
I see these on GB. Anyone have any experience with them?

Also seeing a mag fed Marlin 922.

Quoted:
What application do you have for such a  rifle?
View Quote
Woodsbum. Fillin the pot.
Road trips to parts unknown. Would serve as a camp defense.  
22lr would work but would like something with a bit more oomph for larger game.  In case I got down south I could get a pig or a small deer (where legal)

I live in CT so the Keltec is out.  Rifle must be traditional.  I also goto NYS from time to time.

Takedown would be even better. The Brno sounds nice. But may be out of my range.

Eta.  I'd be ok with a RAR compact but would really like a semi.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

22lr would work but would like something with a bit more oomph for larger game.  In case I got down south I could get a pig or a small deer (where legal)

I live in CT so the Keltec is out.  Rifle must be traditional.  I also goto NYS from time to time.

Takedown would be even better. The Brno sounds nice. But may be out of my range.
View Quote
I'd suggest a cz527 carbine in 7.62x39 or .223! Or a ruger 44 mag if you want a semiauto! 22 mag seems to weak for your apppications to me
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd suggest a cz527 carbine in 7.62x39 or .223! Or a ruger 44 mag if you want a semiauto! 22 mag seems to weak for your apppications to me
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm comfortable with it.

Also if I go larger than rimfire I can't hunt state lands here in CT.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm comfortable with it.

View Quote
I see. The i'd say remington 597 or cz 512 (even better)
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Keltec CMR30
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps.

I have a 527 in .22 hornet and a handful of 452 .22s.    The 452s are lighter and handier even if the 527 is a mini Mauser.   Today I popped a coyote in a trap for my buddy trapping my property. (He asked me to).   I grabbed the 452 scout, the youth model.  

I wish the 527 was even smaller than it is.

ETA , I bought my .22 magnum, a ruger 77/22, for similar reasons, to hunt fox at night with a light.   At the time you couldn’t legally do so with a centerfire during an open deer season.

Never shot the cz semiautomatic rimfire guns but I have a passel of cz and wouldn’t hesitate to buy the auto for your purpose.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  I'm comfortable with it.

View Quote
Have you considered the .17 HMR or the .17 WSM?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#14]
The keltec seems interesting as a groundhog gun if accurate. Easy to mount any optics, factory threaded, big mags, decently ergonomic. Price seems $100 higher than I think it should go for.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'm comfortable with it.

Too explody for squirrel.  Atleast with the 22mag I can shoot subs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Keltec CMR30
View Quote
Quoted:
The keltec seems interesting as a groundhog gun if accurate. Easy to mount any optics, factory threaded, big mags, decently ergonomic. Price seems $100 higher than I think it should go for.
View Quote
Not legal for me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I have an Excel Arms Accelerator that is pretty decent.

ETA:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the CZ512...it's threaded and Winchester offers subsonic 22 mag...I haven't hunted with mine yet, but I bought it or predator hunting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't think this'll help much but I have a 10/22 mag.It runs like a sewing machine and is almost as accurate as my Marlin bolt gun.

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:53:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have the CZ512...it's threaded and Winchester offers subsonic 22 mag...I haven't hunted with mine yet, but I bought it or predator hunting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Accurate? Reliable?
Any quirks?  Have you broken it down/disassembled it?

I see it uses the same mags as the CZ bolt guns so thats a bonus. I could get 10rd mags.

It looks Nylon 66esque so I'm having PTSD flashbacks of trying to reassemble one.

I'm familar with Marlin semi autos so thats a bit more reassuring. The CZ is intriguing but their doesn't seem to be alot of them out there.  Not that many Marlins either, but doesn't feel as foreign to me.

I've never seen the CZ 512 on a shelf.

Quoted:
Quoted:

This
those are a bit out of my price range.

I may just scrap the idea of a semi and grab a bolt action.  Not that I want to but if I have to.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#21]
CZ 512
Mine is the carbine model in 22lr
Typical CZ tack driver.
Extremely lightweight, threaded barrel, breaks down simple, easy to clean..
Bought it off the shelf new at NGX
Cash saved me $50 compared to the shop with no parking, just down turnpike. However, they have plenty of 10 round mags in stock.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
CZ 512
Mine is the carbine model in 22lr
Typical CZ tack driver.
Extremely lightweight, threaded barrel, breaks down simple, easy to clean..
Bought it off the shelf new at NGX
Cash saved me $50 compared to the shop with no parking, just down turnpike. However, they have plenty of 10 round mags in stock.
View Quote
Maybe I should go for a drive. I've never walked out of that place disappointed
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
What are those worth these days..single extractor models?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I really hate to be "that guy" but I've held CZ512s and was not impressed.   Again, 'that guy'.  I was just complaining to my wife last night about people to recommend guns based upon "I held one once 10 years ago".  However, this isn't a recommendation .. it is a rejection. I didn't like the alloy receiver, and generally the rifle didn't feel like the same quality as the three CZ452 I owned at the time.

Generally speaking I love CZ rifles.  I currently own three CZ455 (sold my 3 452s ... was a mistake).  I have a 22LR, 22WMR, and 22LR Tacticool. The 452 and 455 are GREAT rifles.  I know  you're wanting a semi-auto, but take a look at the CZ455 bolt action before its too late (it is getting replaced with an ugly gun).
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What are those worth these days..single extractor models?
View Quote
Last 10/22 Mag I saw sold on GB for over $1000.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I just remembered ... a friend of mine from college had a Marlin semi-auto in 22Mag.  This was 30 years ago but I think it was a 922?  It wasn't an overly attractive rifle.  The receiver reminded me off a Browning A-5 (hump back).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top