Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2018 12:39:19 PM EDT
Has anyone shot out a 22lr barrel? I shoot CCI standard velocity almost exclusively. I use to run a fair amount of mini-mags but the last several thousand rounds have all been SV. In total I would guess somewhere north of 10k. The vast majority of that in auto. We were shooting spinners with some friends and could not hit a thing. I assumed he had screwed with the sight so I swung by a range to get it sighted back in.

This was in semi from the bench, bipod supported, at 25 ft. At 25 yards only hit the paper 2 out of 10. I am already pretty anal about cleaning it after use. Has to be leaded up?? Recommendations on the best lead removers? Ccmg 9 1/2 barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is a dedicated 22lr barrel. 9 1/2 cmmg. No scope. Eotech lives on this upper.  Nice tight lockup on it. Shot gun holds a tighter grouping.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
While it seemed like overkill, I went ahead and dipped it. Not sure how much good it did. Dip got a touch milky but I would be lying if I said I saw obvious amounts of white precipitate.

Not sure why but I thought cmmg melonited their 22 barrels. I can hardly believe wax coated lead could wear out that treatment. Sparrow always has a fair amount of buildup.

Does anyone make a subsonic copper washed/plated or solid copper round??
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While it seemed like overkill, I went ahead and dipped it. Not sure how much good it did. Dip got a touch milky but I would be lying if I said I saw obvious amounts of white precipitate.

Not sure why but I thought cmmg melonited their 22 barrels. I can hardly believe wax coated lead could wear out that treatment. Sparrow always has a fair amount of buildup.

Does anyone make a subsonic copper washed/plated or solid copper round??
View Quote
Federal American Eagle Suppressor 22LR 45 Grain Copper Plated Lead Round Nose is what your are looking for. Several people in the suppressor section are planning to do comparison testing of this versus the non-plated CCI SV and Gemtech 42gr to see if the plating helps with reducing build up.

Good pricing on AE Suppressor 45grain copper plated LRN
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Try a box of Winchester dynapoints. Those always shot great for me and they are just relatively cheap bulk box stuff but are copper washed/plated. You may get lucky on price vs accuracy like I did. I say that because it seems like every 22 is just a bit different.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Per CMMG I insert my bore brush + rod into a drill, put some hoppes on it, and go ham in the barrel (mostly the chamber). No where near 10k but it has helped with a lot of feeding issues
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top