Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2021 10:02:05 PM EDT
Looking for something new, freshly put into production to throw on my 6.5. Anything fresh off the line?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine has a Mk5 but ideally I’d swap it out. The weight savings on the Mk5 are wasted on the 20, and I’d just as soon something that’s a little chunkier anyway since it won’t be carried or shot offhand much. In my perfect world mine would have a Razor, and I may steal a Razor I’ve got on another rifle to do it. As a bonus it compliments the 50 shades of FDE color scheme.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
To be honest...I've yet to find a better optic than the Leupold Mk5/Mk6 options...I have tried a LOT of optics...PMIIs, M5XI, M7XI, NF, Burris, Vortex, Bushnel Elite...etc...the two top brands I have not tried TT or ZCO...but they are out of the price point I am willing to spend currently.

In terms of size, weight, turrets and optical performance...the Leupold Mk5/6 models are awesome.

I personally use a Mk6 3-18 with a T3 reticle and RMR piggy back in a Spuhr mount...it allows me to have 1-18X capability in a sub 12" package that weighs less than 30oz...that combination is super hard to beat...but my SCAR 20 went on a diet and shaved about 2lbs off it...so weight savings is a good thing for me...plus the Mk6 is "clone" correct if you are into that sort of thing...my load out now is the same weight as a stock 20S with no optics...#winning...

Optically I have found the Mk6 to be on par with PMII 3-20 US, NF and Vortex Razors...it has better glass than the Steiners/Burris/Bushnell Elite...

One of my favorite features is the magnification bell...there is 100% no need for a throw lever...you just grab and twist but your ocular does not move it...which is one of the most annoying things about NF I did not like as your flip cover will go with the rotation on a NF.

Diopter adjustments on the Mk6 can be very precise and locked in unlike the Mk5 and other optics...which to me is a plus.

The turrets Leupold has on optics now...the M5C2/M5C3 turrets are stupid easy to set...there is no clutches or ubber small screws to mess with...zero the scope...loosen the turret screws...dial it to 0 and you are set...

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#3]
My vote also goes to the MK5HD/MK6 line, i'm running a MK5HD 3.6-18 on my 17 and will be adding an offset T2 shortly
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm one of THOSE guys who is satisfied with a Nikon Monarch 5-20x44mm on my $4k rifle.

YMMV
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm one of THOSE guys who is satisfied with a Nikon Monarch 5-20x44mm on my $4k rifle.

YMMV
View Quote

If it works for you...who the heck cares right?
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

Good for 300 yd target practice. Donno if I could rock 800 yds with it.

The 20S will outshoot most of us.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with the NightForce ATACR 7-35x with the Tremor3 Reticle. Ive shot out to 1350 meters and never really go past 25x. Normally I keep it at 20x and it works very well.
20s in action
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top