Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2019 7:27:43 PM EDT
I want to get a picture of the buttstock where it mates with the upper receiver, specifically showing where the bolts mate it to the black polymer portion that slides on.  TIA and Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Have calipers if you need any measurements.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Much appreciated!  Can you measure the spacing between the two bolts that connect the stock to the adapter?
View Quote
Is this what you’re looking for?

Send me one if you’re making something cool!

Attachment Attached File

ETA: the corners of the square hold have a radius but I don’t have a good way to measure that. Also, both holes seem to be tapered. I’m guessing that is a molded component.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is this what you’re looking for?

Send me one if you’re making something cool!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/236406/7C1F153B-0198-42C5-B763-9861BC25ED4C_jpeg-1211881.JPG

ETA: the corners of the square hold have a radius but I don’t have a good way to measure that. Also, both holes seem to be tapered. I’m guessing that is a molded component.
View Quote
I wish I was an engineer, because I would know how best to do this:

Based on the measurements you gave me, the two bolts that join the stock to the adapter are spaced identically to the two that join the collapsing portion of a SCAR folding stock to the stock body.  I am taking ownership of a 20S soon, so I will be able to directly measure this.

My idea is to take the folding hinge and adapter from a standard stock and modify it to accept the 20’s butt stock, so you could have a folding stock on your 20 that is factory-ish.

Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Based on the measurements you gave me, the two bolts that join the stock to the adapter are spaced identically to the two that join the collapsing portion of a SCAR folding stock to the stock body.  I am taking ownership of a 20S soon, so I will be able to directly measure this.

My idea is to take the folding hinge and adapter from a standard stock and modify it to accept the 20’s butt stock, so you could have a folding stock on your 20 that is factory-ish.

https://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/bolster/EA2E3C33-1BAF-4A12-AC69-1B8D37435E31_zpsncztlh7l.jpeg
View Quote
Ah gotcha.

I have a scar 17 also. I’ll take a look and see if something can be done there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Also, where approx are you in Texas? NE of Dallas here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ah gotcha.

I have a scar 17 also. I’ll take a look and see if something can be done there.
View Quote
It will definitely require removing the cheek riser (which wouldn’t be needed anyway) and making some cuts.  I also don’t know how heavy the 20’s stock is and if the hinge will like the increased mass.  I am in the part of TX that is right next to New Mexico and Old Mexico.  About as far from NE Texas as it gets.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want a folding stock for your Scar20, check out KRG, they have a folding butt stock for the Scars that they are marketing, like $700.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you want a folding stock for your Scar20, check out KRG, they have a folding butt stock for the Scars that they are marketing, like $700.
View Quote
That looks to be very well made, but not in any way cheap.  My only real reason to look into folding the stock is simply to fit the thing into my safe easier, and fit it into some of the cases I have.  $700 will buy a lot of 168gr FGM, well not that much anymore.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/bolster/EA2E3C33-1BAF-4A12-AC69-1B8D37435E31_zpsncztlh7l.jpeg
View Quote
Appears that someone has done it.  This is from a GB ad that is currently running.  Maybe you can contact them to see how they did it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Appears that someone has done it.  This is from a GB ad that is currently running.  Maybe you can contact them to see how they did it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/185708/pix717674637_jpg-1216971.JPG
View Quote
No, they swapped out the 20 stock for a 17. Hoping no one notices ??
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyway- now that I have a 20S, it fits fine in the safe and I was able to get it into one of my range bags without issue.  Thanks for all the input!  The one listed on Gunbroker better be cheaper, because I have a felling the 20’s stock isn’t as cheap to make as the standard SCAR folder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top