Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2018 12:35:43 PM EDT
When the USAS-12, streetsweeper and Striker-12 were deemed destructive devices back in 01 does anyone know the procedure you had to go through?  I'm assuming it was registered tax free on a Form 4 but did one have to send in a passport photo and fingerprint cards?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
When the USAS-12, streetsweeper and Striker-12 were deemed destructive devices back in 01 does anyone know the procedure you had to go through?  I'm assuming it was registered tax free on a Form 4 but did one have to send in a passport photo and fingerprint cards?
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/street_sweeper_registration_question/2-318774/
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks!
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Were these required to be engraved, if registered during the grace period?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
No additional engraving.
Tax free registration; had to be registered by May 1, 2001.  After that, they were (are) contraband.  No further registration possible.  Felony to possess an unregistered example.

Was at a gun show table about ten years ago when a guy walked up and pulled a Striker 12 out of a case.  He wanted to sell it.  
The non-NFA dealer who had the table (who truly didn't know more, or that there had been a deadline years earlier) told him he thought it needed to be registered with ATF in order to sell it.
The guy didn't believe him, seemed irritated when he said "I'm not registering anything", and walked away.  I told the dealer the facts; he said he was glad the guy left.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]
They can be registered now (tax paid) if one doesn't possess it as a contraband DD.

For the USAS-12, that means no barrel. For the Streetsweeper/Striker-12, that means no barrel and no cylinder. Once the Form 1 is approved, part(s) can be acquired to complete it as a DD. I'm assuming engraving would be required now, since you would be the maker.

I guess when the reclassification occurred, ATF considered them to already be made/manufactured, hence no need for any additional engraving.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
on a side question, has anyone bought a SS parts kit and filed a Form 1?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top