Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2022 10:01:28 PM EDT
I need to upgrade my storage. I know everyone says buy the biggest safe you will ever need. By safe, I mean residential storage container,

Has anyone experience with doubling up on two smaller RSCs side by side? I’m thinking in the range of two 28” wide instead of one 48” wide would actually give me more space.

It would be much easier moving the smaller ones up steps into my house. Storage capacity wise, I guess I would be losing about 2 inches of storage space for having the extra wall.

Any other disadvantages to doing it this way?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two side by side.  And consider the fact that a bad actor would hafta break into both to steal my guns.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 4 safes, and none of them are near each other, but one day I'll build my gun room and move them all in one spot. I don't think its a bad idea to have more than one safe, but i never really planned it that way.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Bolt them together with one big bolt in the middle of the sides. That would make stealing them very difficult.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bolt them together with one big bolt in the middle of the sides. That would make stealing them very difficult.
View Quote

If I was going to do that it would be the floor bolts and the two adjacent top corner areas.   Less flex at the corners than in the middle of the flat panel.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#5]
no reason not to use 2, i have 2 but that is because i purchased a rsc 25 years ago and a real safe 10 years ago...all the good stuff sits in the tl30x6 where it takes some skill to actually get in. watch some youtube videos and see a rsc can be opened pretty quickly by anyone with a big crow bar.

some rsc's are better than others do your homework if that matters to you
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#6]
2 side by side and bolted to the floor is better than 1 big safe. More work to access all your firearms.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 5:45:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Two big safes side by side is the answer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Two big safes side by side is the answer.
View Quote

Yes...72x41 size...

Another issue though is that smaller safes don’t really pack as quite as densely per square foot as a larger one might be able to.  On the other hand if you are doing that, a smaller safe with less to take out before getting to the gun in back might be what you actually prefer...
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Ended up buying a medium size 30 gun safe. When it fills up I’ll add another next to it.

So far pleased with the density of rifles I can pack in there. I think I’ll be able to get around 20 in there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I had two safes side by side, but ended up replacing them with one big safe.  The footprint was the same, but was able to fit considerably more rifles into it and the weight of it with everything in it would be impossible to tip over without backing a truck into it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have two side by side.  And consider the fact that a bad actor would hafta break into both to steal my guns.
View Quote
This is the answer. Also hide and harden each safe in different areas.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I have two that are if different parts of the house. Separation and having to break into two safe to steal all my stuff is a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got two side by side simply because I got the biggest one I could into my walk in closet and then needed another after my dad passed and got his stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top