Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2022 11:42:31 AM EDT
I have a 2 position A3F stock for my SP5. The LOP on these stocks in the full open position is a bit long. I was considering picking up a 4-position stock to use in position 3 but I'm not sure what the LOP would be. Additionally, is having to stop at each position really that much of a pain in the ass for those with 4-pos stocks? I mean it's nice to hit the paddle and slide the stock open and that's it...but it's not like I'm ever in a hurry to do so anyways.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a 2 position A3F stock for my SP5. The LOP on these stocks in the full open position is a bit long. I was considering picking up a 4-position stock to use in position 3 but I'm not sure what the LOP would be. Additionally, is having to stop at each position really that much of a pain in the ass for those with 4-pos stocks? I mean it's nice to hit the paddle and slide the stock open and that's it...but it's not like I'm ever in a hurry to do so anyways.
View Quote

1 closed position after full open is roughly 12.25” next is roughly 10.375”
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Years ago (like 8 or 9) HKParts would mill extra notches in your provided stock to convert a 2 position stock to a 4 position stock. I don't think they still offer that service and I don't know who may today as I haven't kept up with it. I imagine any descent machinist would be capable of doing it though.
View Quote

At this point with 2-pos F stocks going for nearly $1000...I'll just buy a 4-Pos and sell my current one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I could see it being inconvenient and needing two hands

I have only used the 2 position however. The F stock feels a touch long I have to agree
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

At this point with 2-pos F stocks going for nearly $1000...I'll just buy a 4-Pos and sell my current one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Years ago (like 8 or 9) HKParts would mill extra notches in your provided stock to convert a 2 position stock to a 4 position stock. I don't think they still offer that service and I don't know who may today as I haven't kept up with it. I imagine any descent machinist would be capable of doing it though.

The advantage to having your 2 position stock modified is you can set what ever length of pull you want by dictating were the slots are milled. IT is just food for thought.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The advantage to having your 2 position stock modified is you can set what ever length of pull you want by dictating were the slots are milled. IT is just food for thought.
View Quote

That is what certain units used to do with the original A3 stock.

I have the 3pos. I'm a skinny dude with long arms, I would have been fine with a 2pos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top