Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2023 10:45:07 AM EDT
I am starting to play around with trying to capture different reactions on a cannon .
I am on a steep learning curve and just doing photos/videos of it is leading me down a rabbit hole.
Now I need to see what best ways to move all this data around. For me right now is a folder on hard drive
and using google drive. I also using a samsung phone for pics/vids and may step it up later .

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
That really is a great picture!

That firing mechanism is delightfully simple too. I figure I'll likely be copying it for my next signal cannon. I wonder if powder actuated tool blanks would work to reliably ignite blackpowder?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have seen that design on a Lysle  lanyard cannon.  Does anyone have drawings?  Used a .38 blank as I recall.g
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That really is a great picture!

That firing mechanism is delightfully simple too. I figure I'll likely be copying it for my next signal cannon. I wonder if powder actuated tool blanks would work to reliably ignite blackpowder?
View Quote

22 cal tool blanks do work . I know of a group that uses a slap hammer with a added" tit"  to fire those 22 blanks in bp cannons. I think they come in about 5 power ratings. Remember it is a rim fire.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have seen that design on a Lysle  lanyard cannon.  Does anyone have drawings?  Used a .38 blank as I recall.g
View Quote

I myself looked for drawings and can not find any. Coston Supply Co, New York , patent pending is stamp on the insert. If you know your way around
a patent office seems it should have a drawing. It is called an ignitor.

It uses a 32cal S&W case. I load it with bp and make a glue/bp plug the last 1/8 inch or so. Paint the top of the bp after drying with fingernail polish if you want
a more water repellent finish.

I want to bump it up to 4 ounces . Neighbors might complain
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top