Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2018 2:18:43 PM EDT
ok guys finally save enough $ and this coming weekend i am going to start the process! I have seen so many reviews on youtube and i made my choice.. the OMEGA! I will be using it for .223,5.56 and 300BO.. If anyone has a better choice for me to reconsider pls let me know asap! If not then hurry up weekend and hopefully i will have it in time for Christmas…

update! Ok so i just got home from going through the process. I went to Ranger Firearms in S.A, T.X and i was smooth and easier than I thought it would be! I ended u getting the black OMEGA! now for the wait.. i have seen videos on youtube about when you register the can SilencerCo will send you a pouch for it? I didnt get any info on the can just a few emails to finish the paperwork and a order number.. anyone have any insite?

#2…. well last night i got the email asking for my signature from silco! not too bad of a wait time.. now for the very long wait!

#3…. check cashed 6-30-18!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Good first choice.  Now you just need to decide what your second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. suppressor will be.  Also, I hope if you are married your wife likes guns or supports the buying.  Welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ok guys finally save enough $ and this coming weekend i am going to start the process! I have seen so many reviews on youtube and i made my choice.. the OMEGA! I will be using it for .223,5.56 and 300BO.. If anyone has a better choice for me to reconsider pls let me know asap! If not then hurry up weekend and hopefully i will have it in time for Christmas….
View Quote

Congrats on getting your first silencer. Asking for a "better choice" is like saying "I settled on a Ford F-150 ... is there a better choice?" and you will soon find yourself having every silencer under the sun recommended to you.

The only thought I have to offer is that since this is your first silencer and having seen a plethora of YouTube videos - have you actually heard the silencer you are interested in (or something similar) in person with the cartridges and hosts you are interested in suppressing to align your expectations with reality?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I went for a Sandman-S .... two weeks ago.  Let us wait patiently together.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a little ahead of y'all on the wait time for my first, but the anticipation doesn't really fade. I'm looking at September for a F1 SBR permission slip and October/November for the can to ice that cake.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The omega is a versatile, proven performer. That being said, people are saying the new Energetic Vox could be an Omega killer but you're probably 5 weeks out from being able to buy.

Again, have you heard suppressed guns in person/fired?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The omega is a versatile, proven performer. That being said, people are saying the new Energetic Vox could be an Omega killer but you're probably 5 weeks out from being able to buy.

Again, have you heard suppressed guns in person/fired?
View Quote
no i have not, i dont have any friends that are addicted to guns and equipment like i am, but im buying one and hopefully soon they will follow...
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#9]
If that Trash Panda for $450 deal is still available I'd do that instead
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

no i have not, i dont have any friends that are addicted to guns and equipment like i am, but im buying one and hopefully soon they will follow...
View Quote
What part of the state are you in? If in the Houston area I have a lot of cans you could check out, Omega included. Capitol Armory has been a great help to me and many others here, you may want to check them out if you haven’t already. I’ve done 20 something transfers through them, they really have it figured out. Omega is a great can by the way, I bought two!
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my Omega! Get a rimfire can!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude awesome choice that was my first can and I would pick it all over again in a heartbeat! Next can to get is Rimfire for sure!
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#13]
The Omega was my 1st AND 4th choice.
You will be very happy with it!
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh yeah... wanted to add I went Keymo. It’s probably worth looking at.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#15]
You'll only ever need one more can, pretty much from now on. No matter how many you have  I have 2 omegas they are great cans!
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:58:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I agree, add a rimfire can next and I'll add round it out with  a 9mm or .45 cal pistol can as your third option.  You would then have the ability to suppress a majority of the firearms out there you may already own or wish to own somewhere down the road.  Heads up in addition to the initial can purchase budget for muzzle devices, threaded barrels or getting barrels you already own threaded etc...... Yes it does add up but in the end totally worth the investment and prrotecting your hearing. Once you have that first tax stamp in hand your gonna want more.  You've been warned lol.

Omega would make a good first choice for an all around can.  I don't think you will regret it.  Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#17]
great choice. i have two omegas, two .22s and a hybrid. want to buy a few more this year tho
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:53:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Great choice. That was my first can as well and it's a great "do mostly anything" can. Light, short, and good suppression. I ran it mostly on my 300blk though now I mainly run it on my KAC CQB 11.5

enjoy op, now time for the wait
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:07:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If that Trash Panda for $450 deal is still available I'd do that instead
View Quote
Where did you see this?  I would jump on that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What part of the state are you in? If in the Houston area I have a lot of cans you could check out, Omega included. Capitol Armory has been a great help to me and many others here, you may want to check them out if you haven’t already. I’ve done 20 something transfers through them, they really have it figured out. Omega is a great can by the way, I bought two!
View Quote
I’m in San Antonio
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Wait time has come down to 175 days according to NFA tracker.

Don't be too nervous, this is a marathon, not a sprint, no need to stress out now.

Good choice on the can. I have the SF SOCOM300SPS, same idea, I want to use it on my 5.56 and .308 rifles.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Where did you see this?  I would jump on that.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m in San Antonio
View Quote
Me too.  Technically Converse but close enough.  Where do you shoot at?  Mine are in NFA jail at Lonestar Handgun right now.  But having an onsite range helps make that wait much easier.  I also happen to know they have an Omega in stock unless someone bought it very recently. If you buy directly through them or Silencer Shop/elsewhere and have them be your chosen dealer once there you can shoot your cans while you wait on the form 4 process. For me was worth it to have mine delivered there and take advantage of the range instead of it just being stuck in some dealers safe for almost a year. Something you may want to consider.

I might be out there tomorow hopefully.  If so I can let you know if they still have an Omega onhand.  Also your more than welcome to meet me out there and try out my Dead Air Sandman K or Mask sometime.  Just lemme know. Hoping they will get sprung mid to late summer based on what folks are reporting lately. Even after they are officially home Lonestar is most likely the range I'll be shooting them at anyway. Best of luck and I'll definitely check on the Omega for you tomorrow assuming I make it out there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#26]
@ OP As of this afternoon Lonestar Range still has an Omega 300 in stock if your interested.  They pretty much have the entire Silencer Co line.  I was eyeballing the Chimera and Omega 9 also in that glass case. Hope the info maybe helps ya out. Good luck with your purchase where ever you choose to buy from and if you ever want to meet out there and see how my cans sound hit me up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#27]
read my 1st post
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Good to hear.  I like popping into Ranger every now and then.  Some really great stuff floats in and out of there.  Offer stands if you ever want to meet up and check out my two cans.  Now the rough part, hurry up and wait.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#29]
OP-
Once you have the cans SN you can register it on SiCo's website and get the pouch and another ASR mount.
Since your gonna run it on a 5.56 and it'll come with a 30cal/5/8" brake, you may want to pick out the 1/2x28 flash hider as your freebee.

Also, congrats. Now start looking at rimfire cans and get that wait started as well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OP-
Once you have the cans SN you can register it on SiCo's website and get the pouch and another ASR mount.
Since your gonna run it on a 5.56 and it'll come with a 30cal/5/8" brake, you may want to pick out the 1/2x28 flash hider as your freebee.

Also, congrats. Now start looking at rimfire cans and get that wait started as well.
View Quote
will do.. Thanks for the advice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top