Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2018 5:07:36 PM EDT
I came across this 1977 64 Match today. It was set-up for garden pest killing with a old Weaver Marksman steel tube 3-9 scope w/fine crosshairs.

A bit dated but I bet it got the job done. I had to adjust the eye-piece to suit me but it's still clear for a 70s vintage scope.

I gave $200.00 for it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a newer one like that, same action similar stock, different trigger,excellent shooter.

Just traded my older match 64. It had a totally different checkered target stock.

Awesome score as always, OP.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Put a nicer higher power scope on it and take it out to a silhouette match.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice score.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The guys over on RC said it was a 1403.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll double your money on it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm mulling over what to put on it, I'm thinking of a Burris Signature 6 X 24 X 50 AO a friend has that he will sell me for $100.00.

I just can't remember if the parallax adjusts down to 25 yards or not. I know it will adjust down to 50.

That said I'm really liking scopes that have a quick adjustable focus eyepiece these days so I don't know.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Holy crap, that is one awesome scope your friend is willing to sell you.  I have an older Burris Signature 6-24x but offhand can't remember how close it will focus but the clarity is very good, especially at that price.  If you are thinking of hunting with this rig just leave it set at 50 yards parallax and at 6x and you shouldn't have too many issues pop up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm mulling over what to put on it, I'm thinking of a Burris Signature 6 X 24 X 50 AO a friend has that he will sell me for $100.00.

I just can't remember if the parallax adjusts down to 25 yards or not. I know it will adjust down to 50.

That said I'm really liking scopes that have a quick adjustable focus eyepiece these days so I don't know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sightron S-Tac 4-20 will go down to 9, you can find them close to $300 on sale occasionally.

This Bushnell Engage would make a nice target scope.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/572346/bushnell-engage-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-6-24x-50mm-1-8-moa-adjustments-tlt-turrets-side-focus-deploy-moa-reticle-matte?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Service&utm_campaign=products-on-sale&utm_content=product-description-link
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Holy crap, that is one awesome scope your friend is willing to sell you.  I have an older Burris Signature 6-24x but offhand can't remember how close it will focus but the clarity is very good, especially at that price.  If you are thinking of hunting with this rig just leave it set at 50 yards parallax and at 6x and you shouldn't have too many issues pop up.
View Quote
Well either my friend or I "mis-remembered".....It turns out it was a Burris Signature 3X12X50 AO and it's missing a turret cap.

There are no issues with it and i liked the taper to fine cross-hairs it has. I ended-up getting it for $50.00......It will do and it does have a 25 and a 50 yard parallax adjustment. Hell it will be plenty enough scope for me and by the looks of the 6X24 it's a lot shorter/lighter.

The hardest thing was finding a set of rings to work with the large objective as regular high rings would not work. I finally found a set of old Walther springer air-gun rings that worked that I had in my box-o-rings.

BTW....I called Burris on the off chance they might still have turret caps to fit it and they did! They will be matte but they are sending them to me free of charge....Good folks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a 64MS from that era.  You are gonna LOVE that gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]
You kill me with these threads. I think I comment on everyone of them with pure jealousy. I constantly keep an eye out for old .22’d like the ones you post and can never find any for a half way decent price. I seen a Annie similar to yours the other day for $1600 with no sights, and today at a different store a Savage anschutz for $1300. I guess I’ll just have to keep living vicariously through you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I hate you.  [green with envy]  Now, put decent aperture irons on it like it should have.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Good find.

Price was great even without the optic.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think I hate you.  [green with envy]  Now, put decent aperture irons on it like it should have.
View Quote
They'll cost him no less than half again the price he gave for the gun....minimum.

.....and they will be worth every penny.

My 64 has the original, high grade diopter sights and the shots my sister and I could pull off back in the day were legendary in my family.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They'll cost him no less than half again the price he gave for the gun....minimum.

.....and they will be worth every penny.

My 64 has the original, high grade diopter sights and the shots my sister and I could pull off back in the day were legendary in my family.
View Quote
You forget who your talking about, he probably has 10 sets that are nos in wrapper that he found at a yard sale for $10.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You forget who your talking about, he probably has 10 sets that are nos in wrapper that he found at a yard sale for $10.
View Quote
LOL....God, I hate him!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope, just one new set in the old styrofoam container.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top