Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2022 7:53:36 PM EDT
I bought a 1919 from a friend awhile back and recently,  it started having issues while firing.  I will pull the trigger, and hear a clicking noise, with the gun not firing.  The sear has a thin plate that appears to be riveted to tge sear body.  The plate is bent out slightly and the trigger is unable to engage it fully.  It is slipping off the sear.  I ordered a sear from Sarco, bur it is much narrower then the one in my gun, and won't fit in the bolt.  I have looked and ca not find a similar replacement.   I tried a little super-glue to see if I can hold the plate to the sear. It worked fir a few rounds, and then bent out again.  I am wondering if it would be possible to weld the plate to the sear, or possibly re-rivet it after correcting the bend.  

KMP makes a sear\trigger kit, but I don't know if that would work without modifying the gun.  

I don't know what brand kit my gun was built from.  Does anyone recognize the sear, or know wher I can find one, or fix this one?

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Your sear is modified for the semi auto conversion that was performed. A stock 1919 sear won't work, and shouldn't fit.

The repair will be a specialized fix, and you'll have to find a gunsmith or at least metalworker to fix you up, unless there are OOW or other maker replacement parts in the pipeline somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, as Circuits said, that is a semi sear. The one you got from SARCO is a standard full auto sear. Thats why it is narrower. One of the semi mods that has to be done is to open up the back of the bolt to take a semi sear and make a full auto sear not fit.

A picture of the other side of the bolt may help, different builders sometimes used different denial cuts on the bolt and their sideplates.

A KMP does the same thing, but there is no guarantee that it will fit your bolt.

I havent seen that type of sear before. Not sure who made that one.

Maybe a pic of the sear out of the bolt? Im guessing from what you posted that the only connection between that plate and the sear in the bolt is that one rivet?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, as Circuits said, that is a semi sear. The one you got from SARCO is a standard full auto sear. Thats why it is narrower. One of the semi mods that has to be done is to open up the back of the bolt to take a semi sear and make a full auto sear not fit.

A picture of the other side of the bolt may help, different builders sometimes used different denial cuts on the bolt and their sideplates.

A KMP does the same thing, but there is no guarantee that it will fit your bolt.

Maybe a pic of the sear out of the bolt? Im guessing from what you posted that the only connection between that plate and the sear in the bolt is that one rivet?
View Quote

I heard from a gunsmith that what I have is called a rapid fire sear.  They are known to have problems.  Sounds like I will need to have a new bolt/sear/trigger combo fit in my gun to solve the problem.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I heard from a gunsmith that what I have is called a rapid fire sear.  They are known to have problems.  Sounds like I will need to have a new bolt/sear/trigger combo fit in my gun to solve the problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably Ohio Rapid Fire (ORF). They did a lot of semi 1919s

Yep, looks like it is

https://www.1919a4.com/threads/i-need-some-help-identifying-this-semi-sear-trigger-combo.43088/
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

@extractr

Contact Tom at KMP classic Arms and see if he can fit one of his semi sear/triggers to your bolt. KMP is the gold standard for 1919 & M2 50BMG semi auto triggers. Tom is a very helpful guy and will give you great service.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@extractr

Contact Tom at KMP classic Arms and see if he can fit one of his semi sear/triggers to your bolt. KMP is the gold standard for 1919 & M2 50BMG semi auto triggers. Tom is a very helpful guy and will give you great service.
View Quote

Thanks.   Funny you should mention that.  I actually called him a couple weeks ago and he was out of the triggers/sears at that time.  He called yesterday to say they were back in stock.  I have one coming, and picked up a new bolt from Apex.   There is a gunsmith close to me that does 1919 builds and says he can machine out the bolt and install the new trigger and sear for me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Get in contact with these guys; they know their M1919's
https://www.icehousemfgllc.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top