Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2020 8:23:49 PM EDT
Hi, I recently bought an M1895 Nagant revolver and after ordering some ammunition for it I discovered that someone drilled out two of the chambers in the cylinder so 7.62x38r ammo can’t fit inside. Not sure why someone would do that.  Now I need help locating a new cylinder so I can shoot this gun the way it was supposed to be. I have had no luck finding a new cylinder after checking all of the usual sellers. If anyone knows of someone that has one please let me know.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
There used to be aftermarket .32ACP cylinders also. That might be an interim fix.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a cylinder in 32 ACP. But I just bought a spam can of 7.62 ammo. I also don’t want to re-camber the 32ACP cylinder.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Numrich, Lee's Gun Parts, Jack First all probably have milsurp cylinders.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ll have to call Lee’s and Jack First. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi, I recently bought an M1895 Nagant revolver and after ordering some ammunition for it I discovered that someone drilled out two of the chambers in the cylinder so 7.62x38r ammo can’t fit inside. Not sure why someone would do that.  Now I need help locating a new cylinder so I can shoot this gun the way it was supposed to be. I have had no luck finding a new cylinder after checking all of the usual sellers. If anyone knows of someone that has one please let me know.
View Quote

Got a picture?

It'd be very odd of someone to do that to just 2 of the chambers. Not fit as in falls straight through? or not fit as it won't insert?

On that note, the cylinder is a hand fitted part and is serialized. A replacement may not time correctly and would be dangerous if so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Here’s a link for the pictures of the cylinder.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Rw1Aib3
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, that makes absolutely zero sense why someone would do that unless it was just a factory error and wasn't caught in QC.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 4:50:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The only thing I can think of is someone wanted a five shot.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]

If you look really close are there any drill bit/machining marks? This makes absolutely no sense.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here’s a link for the pictures of the cylinder.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Rw1Aib3
View Quote

If there isn't signs of new machining, then I'd lean to factory error.

Whoever you got it from, I'd return it if possible.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Simpson Ltd and Liberty Tree might be an option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top