Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2018 10:40:30 AM EDT
I’m looking to do an 11.5” SBR build with suppressor. Probably a BCM.
Cans I’m looking at are Surefire Socom or one of the Allen Engineering/Ops cans.

Does anyone have experience with either of these set ups? I know each can is mounted differently. Does one have less blowback than the other? Would I need to change anything out for them to run reliably?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're building, just do yourself a solid and get an adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a S.F. 556-RC and a 300SPS that I share across many ARs and Bolt Guns...  They work well and I'd buy again, especially since i have so many mount/brakes...

Both of them have been on SBRs, longer barrel ARs and Bolt guns.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a BCM sbr (both upper and lower) with a 11.5 barrel that I use with a SiCo Omega suppressor 100 percent of the time on it.  I'm using a h2 buffer and placed a slr adjustable gas block on it for shooting suppressed. It runs without any issues.

I have always used an AGB on the rifle and cannot speak to shooting it suppressed with the standard GB.  It was over gassed shooting it non suppressed with federal 193 with the standard GB.

I don't have any experiences with either suppressor you named so I cannot answer your specific questions regarding them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#4]
11.5" BCM and gemtech trek. barrel is mad overgassed, so I use the Gemtech SBC and Geissele Super 42 spring and buffer. Works great and I keep my FSP.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The short barrel will already have a bigger gas port hole drilled in the barrel if it is a factory 11" ish.

You will likely not have to do anything.    If you CUT a 16" barrel, then you'd probably need to open up the barrels gas port hole.

I never needed to use adjustable ones because the can provided more back pressure anyway and never had any problem.

I assume you are referencing 223.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top