Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 7:10:04 AM EDT
Can anyone give me the good, the bad and the ugly on this barrel, seems like a lot of great features for the money... thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know much about it, but armorally has them for $150
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
What exactly do you want to know? I can tell you right off the bat that there isn’t anything bad about it.

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What exactly do you want to know? I can tell you right off the bat that there isn’t anything bad about it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/402051/20D004A3-9E2C-407B-AAAC-11E60F25E70A-616408.jpg
View Quote
Nice looking rifle.

Just want to know the basics,  reasonable accuracy, feel light-ish in weight, does it cycle fairly well?  What buffer are you using?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nice looking rifle.

Just want to know the basics,  reasonable accuracy, feel light-ish in weight, does it cycle fairly well?  What buffer are you using?
View Quote
Accuracy is fine for what the rifle is built for (1.5 moa or better).
I have the Hanson profile, so weight is excellent.
I shoot suppressed 99.9% of the time and it cycles fine. I have a Bootleg carrier in it, but it’s a waste in this gun. If you turn it to anything but un-suppressed, it won’t cycle without the suppressor. So that means to me that the gas port is just right.
I’m currently using a Geissele super 42, that might be the reason the Bootleg is no good in this rifle.
Any other questions, just let me know.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:20:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one and it is pretty accurate. Nothing great, but definitely acceptable.

Mine seems a little overgassed. I have a gemtech selectable bolt carrier. Unsupressed it ejects to the 2 o clock position. With a Griffin M4SDK and the bolt set to suppressed it ejects to the 1 o clock position. This is all with IMI 5.56. I wish it had a slightly smaller gas port, but for a SBR with a suppressor shooting 5.56 I guess it's not terrible. I have an H2 JP silent capture in mine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:04:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I shoot suppressed 99.9% of the time and it cycles fine. I have a Bootleg carrier in it, but it’s a waste in this gun. If you turn it to anything but un-suppressed, it won’t cycle without the suppressor. So that means to me that the gas port is just right.
I’m currently using a Geissele super 42, that might be the reason the Bootleg is no good in this rifle.
View Quote
Quoted:

Mine seems a little overgassed. I have a gemtech selectable bolt carrier. Unsupressed it ejects to the 2 o clock position. With a Griffin M4SDK and the bolt set to suppressed it ejects to the 1 o clock position. This is all with IMI 5.56. I wish it had a slightly smaller gas port, but for a SBR with a suppressor shooting 5.56 I guess it's not terrible. I have an H2 JP silent capture in mine.
View Quote
Interesting...
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Overgassed seems to be the new trend in ARs unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I think there is a moa guarantee with match ammo.

The overgassing is because a lot of people choose to shoot weak Tula and the like.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll echo this post. I've got the BA Hanson 13.7" barrel. Shoots great about 1" at 100 with good ammo. No issues ejecting russian steel cased ammo, with a can. I tried my Gemtech SBC in it, and it doesn't cycle on the suppressed setting with the can. So I'd say it has a properly sized gas port. No issues unsuppressed either but its loud with the taper mount brake, so I rarely shoot without the can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't tried the barrel with match grade ammo (I only have a red dot on the gun) or steel case ammo. I am sure it would be better gassed with steel case ammo, but I never use steel case.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
For the money this barrel is GTG - note the NiB extension.
DSG will not not say but rumorInt says the barrel is made by BA.
If you are Mil/LE/Vet you can sign-up for discounts at DSG.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I've also been considering this barrel for a build.  Planning on using it with an SLR AGB shooting both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Tagging along for more information on buffer, etc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The best way to solve the buffer issue, and super versus sub "gassing" is to use an adjustable GB, SLR has nice ones.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#15]
As I said in my earlier post, my 11.3” doesn’t benefit from the addition of the Bootleg carrier. It just cuts the gas down to much without the suppressor attached and in any other setting other than unsuppressed. With the suppressor I get 2:00 ejection when the Bootleg is set to unsuppressed.
If anyone is unfamiliar with the Bootleg, it has 4 settings. It really shines in my 10.3” BA barrel, which it’ll be going back into.
The 11.3” Hanson profile barrel I have, has the perfect gas port diameter IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As I said in my earlier post, my 11.3” doesn’t benefit from the addition of the Bootleg carrier. It just cuts the gas down to much without the suppressor attached and in any other setting other than unsuppressed. With the suppressor I get 2:00 ejection when the Bootleg is set to unsuppressed.
If anyone is unfamiliar with the Bootleg, it has 4 settings. It really shines in my 10.3” BA barrel, which it’ll be going back into.
The 11.3” Hanson profile barrel I have, has the perfect gas port diameter IMHO.
View Quote
I added another tungsten weight to my JP silent capture so it is now in an H3 configuration. The gun now ejects to about the 3 o clock position unsupressed with IMI ammo and the Gemtech bolt set to unsupressed. With the suppressor on and the bolt set to suppressed the gun is still ejecting to 1 o clock.

I also tried a standard H2 buffer and spring with no difference. I also tried my bootleg carrier from another gun with no difference.

I wish I could say mine was perfectly gassed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top