Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 12/21/2022 12:35:45 AM EDT
Anyone know of a shop that does trigger work in the 107a1s. Want to look at my options for a better trigger pull.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By tommyidone:
Anyone know of a shop that does trigger work in the 107a1s. Want to look at my options for a better trigger pull.
View Quote
I would be interested in knowing as well.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The way the trigger works on the 82a1 family of rifles, getting a smoother lighter pull is most likely lead to bump fires.

The engagement surfaces of the firing pin extension and the sear are cut after heat treat to give a smoother surface. You can lightly stone the 2 engagement surfaces with a ruby stone to get a glass smooth surface. But you are still lifting the transfer bar in the trigger housing and the sear pice in the bolt carrier.

Plus, the bolt carrier needs a little up and down play to reliably cycle. You are in a small way lifting the carrier just a touch.
Charge the rifle on an empty chamber. Look at the rear of the carrier from the right side of the rifle as you pull the trigger. You will see the carrier lift a very small amount. I forget now how much carrier lift there is supposed to be. But it needs a small amount of up and down lift and a small amount of side to side play to run reliable.
Nature of the beast.

Best bet is to ruby stone the 3° surfaces of the sear and firing pin extension.  Go easy and check often.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tommyidone:
View Quote

After striking out trying to get my 82 trigger worked on, I found an old school armorer at a local military base that was willing to look at it.
While it was a little better, it wasn't close to my Serbu semi auto factory trigger and not even in the same hemisphere as the serbu lower with the 1 lb set trigger.
Sold the 82 right after I got the Serbu and never looked back.

SJC
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the M82 has the worst trigger of all the guns I own... and I've got some real shit in the back of the safe.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Lin Schryver was the name 10+ years ago. I wonder what his method was.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PNFLDS:
View Quote

See my post above. I couldn't say it as I was working at Barrett at the time. He emailed me and asked. I gave him the helping tips to use.
Stoning the mating surfaces of the search to the area it rides in the carrier is another step.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 2:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mk-211] [#7]
@50cal

Didn't K&P barrels do a tune up on M82's in the past?

Don't know if they still offer it, someone might have to call.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mk-211:
@50cal

Didn't K&P barrels do a tune up on M82's in the past?

Don't know if they still offer it, someone might have to call.
View Quote

Yes they did. They were also the only company that Barrett would sell a bolt and barrel extension as to rebarrel an 82A1 with their barrel.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 7:39:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Falconpilot1] [#9]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

See my post above. I couldn't say it as I was working at Barrett at the time. He emailed me and asked. I gave him the helping tips to use.
Stoning the mating surfaces of the search to the area it rides in the carrier is another step.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Originally Posted By PNFLDS:

He had a coating that did not change anything on the mating surfaces.. . Just made the pull smoother... I have it in my gun...Was one of the early adopters...

Think it was this stuff.

Micro Blue
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Bill Springfield

https://triggerwork.net/50-barrettbrowning.html
View Quote
Anyone have feedback on his work?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:24:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
Anyone have feedback on his work?
View Quote

He did my HK trigger packs years ago with no issues so far.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I was about to say... he's well known in the HK world.  This is the first I've heard his name brought up relating to a Barrett.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Did anyone ever get their trigger worked on?
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ve heard hit a miss about his stuff. Don’t really want to send my carrier and trigger parts unless I hear someone with good reviews.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I’d be pretty hesitant to mess with them knowing you’ll never end up with a true match trigger.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I used a ceramic stone to smooth up the sear engagement surface. It fixed the grittiness, but it's always going to be a heavy pull by design.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top