Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2020 12:50:33 AM EDT
So I'm getting my son the Magpul X-22 stock for his 10/22 as a Christmas gift.  I'd like to include a sling to go with it.  For those with the Magpul stock, what sling would you recommend?

Thank you in advance!
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume its for a standard 10/22 in a X-22 Hunter stock?

Magpul MS4 dual QD if you plan on using QD sockets.  You would need 1 Magpul Type-1 QD Socket and 1 Magpul Mlok QD sling mount.

If you want to use the fixed rear sling attachment point, I am a fan of Viking Tactical VTAC padded slings.  You would still need to get a forward Magpul Mlok SLing mount and QD sling loop.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:29:46 AM EDT
[#2]
If you plan to do any Appleseed shoots, get cotton GI sling from Tech Sights or Ammogarand.

I just ordered a Magpul RLS sling that should arrive tomorrow.
Amazon Product
  • Building on the heritage and proven performance of Magpul\u2019s MS Sling series, the Magpul RLS (Rifleman Loop Sling) is a durable, lightweight, and affordable shooting aid and retention device

ETA: got to mess with e RLS sling today and felt it was GTG. Think of it as a modern GI sling... good for positional shooting. It’s a bit more involved to adjust than a GI sling, but seems more versatile.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I scored a surplus sling from Sportsman Guide for $10 and it turned out to be a Blue Force Gear.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The Magpul stock is the way to go. The capability to change the riser gives you the ability to get your eye right behind your scope which makes a big difference. Whatever sling you choose, you can get hardware to mount the front of the sling on the bottom or either side of the fore end. The stock comes with a slot you can run a sling through on the rear so the rifle will lay flat on you back when you carry it. For a few bucks you can buy hardware that allows you to use a QD swivel in the side of the stock which works really well. It lets the sling pivot so it moves with you. I like a GI sling because they are cheap and easily adjustable. If you learn to use them, they are a shooting system and a great aid to accuracy. I can't say enough good things about the Appleseed program when it comes to rifle marksmanship.  You and your son would have a great time at one and really learn a lot as well.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top