Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2019 1:16:09 PM EDT
Which one would be more versatile in SHTF?

I'm looking at building a CMMG upper, but want to see if it could be used more than just a range toy.

Are CMMG setups as accurate and reliable as 10/22s?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
With a dedicated 22 rimfire barrel (as opposed to using the chamber adapter in a 1:7 .223/5.56 barrel), it should be just as accurate. In my experience, it's as reliable as any of my 10/22s have ever been.

From the cost, weight and overall length perspectives it's hard to beat the 10/22, but an AR-15/22 could fill a survival rifle role, too. The AR-15/22 probably has an edge on mounting optics and ergonomics, but in a bigger overall package that costs and weighs more.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The 10/22 will be lighter and cost the same as a dedicated upper.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a dedicated CMMG upper and love it! It will hit anything you put the dot on. But it does jam unless I use Mini Mags.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]
My cmmg 4.5” runs 100% all the time regardless of ammo (minus occasional .22lr dud).  My 10/22 is sbr is about 95%.  I did add a new extractor that has worked wonders but I still feel like the cmmg is more reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top