Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2022 12:39:27 PM EDT
I’d like to get a standard size barrel, not a bull barrel, that is threaded on the end to except a silencer.  

The aftermarket stock I have says that I can’t use more barrels, the various companies I look at say that they are in “bull” sizes, should I just give up on the aftermarket stock or are there any good options?

The stock:  https://www.opticsplanet.com/fab-defense-uas-pro-ruger-10-22-uas-precision-stock-conversion-kit.html
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything wrong with a factory threaded barrel? Here is the Blued option and here is the Stainless option/
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything wrong with a factory threaded barrel? Here is the Blued option and here is the Stainless option/
View Quote

Nothing wrong but it’s not in stock (in black)
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not seeing much in the blued standard profile that is in stock. You might need to get on some notify lists or find what barrel you want and back order if they allow it. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Send your factory barrel to Randy at Connecticut Precision Chambering, he does a fantastic job & it doesn't require having the front site removed.

https://ct-precision.com
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You could open the barrel channel to accept bigger barrels
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Found a vendor.  18” but it’s getting a can anyways.

https://www.shawcustombarrels.com/shop/product/factory-contour-no-flutes-polished-blued-18-threaded/209
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Factory barrel is 18”
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Just a heads up on the Shaw barrel, the bentz chamber is going to kill the factory reliability.

FWIW I went the bull barrel route to get a threaded barrel for my 10/22.  It absolutely hates most subsonic CCI ammo now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a heads up on the Shaw barrel, the bentz chamber is going to kill the factory reliability.

FWIW I went the bull barrel route to get a threaded barrel for my 10/22.  It absolutely hates most subsonic CCI ammo now.
View Quote

Duly noted.   Maybe I’ll just get a Kidd UL like I originally planned and open up the barrel channel like another poster suggested.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Duly noted.   Maybe I’ll just get a Kidd UL like I originally planned and open up the barrel channel like another poster suggested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have both kidd LW and ultralight, and prefer the LW because the UL is too light and it seems to drift more and be harder to keep on target.  I am by no means a professional and could always use more practice so YMMV
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Get your factory barrel threaded.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I had Jim Pixley at JpGrips chop a factory stainless bbl back to 16" , thread, add a fsb for factory irons, and provide a thread protector with an o-ring. He does good work and has worked on other projects for me in years past.

Installed the bbl today but, haven't had a chance to sight it in.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:24:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm looking at something similar and may go with these. They are popular and get good reviews on the rimfire forums. They are similar price as the factory Ruger and are supposed to be great shooters. It's $125 to $150 to get a barrel threaded around here.

https://fjfeddersen.com/product-category/22lr-rifle-barrels/contoured-22lr/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top