Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2018 9:51:05 AM EDT
How do the two compare on accuracy? I'm aware of the issues related to holding / returning to zero with takedown firearms if you use receiver mounted sights, so just assume you're using barrel mounted sighting system for the takedown.

Thinking of trading my 10/22 for a takedown and putting it in a Magpul x-22 backpacker, barrel mount RDS, and later SBR.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
My does well.  It returns to zero, whether I do a simple barrel removal or even remove the receiver from the stock.  Remember, if you go with the barrel mount you may need to use a pistol scope for the eye relief.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My does well.  It returns to zero, whether I do a simple barrel removal or even remove the receiver from the stock.  Remember, if you go with the barrel mount you may need to use a pistol scope for the eye relief.
View Quote
Planning to use an RDS.

As long as the TD tends to be comparable to the carbine, this is a viable project.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The takedowns shoot just as well as the standard 10/22's. If the barrel tension nut is set right they return to zero pretty well.

I have 2 takedowns with receiver mounted rear sights. I have never had a shifting zero problem when I take the barrel off and then on once the tension was set. They shoot very well I have never felt like the accuracy or return to zero is lacking.

I am sure if you had a precision optic on the receiver and took the barrel on and off that you would see a slight shift. I would think it would be under an inch at 75yds and remain in the ballpark over several on off cycles.

The key is setting the tension, click the barrel onto the receiver. Then adjust the tension nut by hand as tight as you can. Then remove the barrel and tighten tension 2 more clicks. Assemble the barrel to receiver again. If it is pretty tight going on and off you are set, if it is a little loose take the barrel off and try one more click of tension and repeat until it locks up solid but can be removed by hand.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
In either version in stock form with garden variety ammo there will be no discernible differences. Inside fifty yards they are both tin can plinker accurate. As will any gun and especially 22’s you might by chance come across one that is more accurate than another ( sometimes dramatically so) but that is simple luck of the draw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top