Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2021 11:19:01 AM EDT
I bought a Volquartsen rifle for a great price but it did not come with their bolt.  I knew that prior to purchase.  

Even if I buy a Volquartsen bolt, I’ll still be way ahead, but I’d rather not spend the $250+ on a 10/22 bolt.  

I completely understand that a take off Ruger bolt will work just fine.  I’d rather put something a little nicer, a little more Gucci in it.  

Is the most cost effective bolt a Kidd bolt?   Of the “higher” end bolts I mean.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at what JWH Custom has to offer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks great.  Same price as Kidd.  Which one would you get?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have this oneDouble scalloped bolt
I'm considering This one for my next build.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Kidd bolt which as you can expect is very nice, I also have a standard cheapo ruger bolt which I sent to CPC. (look under bolt work)

He trued the bolt face, pinned the firing pin, installed a better extractor and prism jeweled the bolt side. Which cost me $63.

If you have a Ruger bolt laying around, the CPC option is very attractive, or you can always spend the money for a new Kidd.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a tuned, jeweled bolt with all the upgrades from CPC for right around $100. It's very nice.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Between Kidd and JWH, I personally would go Kidd just because of their reputation if price is the same.  Its only a $10 difference between the 2.

I run a Kidd in my Kidd build $110.  I used JWH Speed bolt $100 (same features and style as Kidd bolt) for my Kids' builds since they were on sale for $80 at the time.

The JWH is well machined from what I can tell.  Suppose to have hardened firing pin and extractor too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought a tuned, jeweled bolt with all the upgrades from CPC for right around $100. It's very nice.
View Quote

Wanted to add I spoke with the guy who runs the place and he seemed like a good dude. Iirc it was $96 shipped and I got it pretty quick.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Between Kidd and JWH, I personally would go Kidd just because of their reputation if price is the same.  Its only a $10 difference between the 2.

I run a Kidd in my Kidd build $110.  I used JWH Speed bolt $100 (same features and style as Kidd bolt) for my Kids' builds since they were on sale for $80 at the time.

The JWH is well machined from what I can tell.  Suppose to have hardened firing pin and extractor too.
View Quote

It wouldn’t surprise me if Kidd get’s his bolts from JWH Custom.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Kidd get’s his bolts from JWH Custom.
View Quote

Interesting observation, and high praise.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I went with the JWH Competitor as suggested by @ElrodCod

I appreciate the help.

I sent the barrel off to get (re) threaded to 1/2x28, so I do not have it.
Receiver is Volquartsen.
Barrel is heavy Volquartsen

I’m going to use a bolt lock charging handle.  I have one in my other 10/22 (SBR) and it is fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went with the JWH Competitor as suggested by @ElrodCod

I appreciate the help.

I sent the barrel off to get (re) threaded to 1/2x28, so I do not have it.
Receiver is Volquartsen.
Barrel is heavy Volquartsen

I’m going to use a bolt lock charging handle.  I have one in my other 10/22 (SBR) and it is fantastic.
View Quote

Is this the bolt lock charging handle you're going to use?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Is this the bolt lock charging handle you're going to use?
View Quote

Yes sir.  I have one in my 10/22 SBR and it’s great.  

It’s not as refined as a Summit receiver, no way.  It’s practically  almost identical.  

With the ability to go semi.  

I believe he makes or assembles them when you order one, so it may take a couple of weeks to receive it.  FYI.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I just rebuilt my 10/22. I used a Brownells receiver, a Kidd action and a Volquartsen bolt. There are several other bolts on the market, but the Volquartsen is the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top