Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2021 2:17:26 PM EDT
Anybody know where to buy a 10/22 youth sized stock?  Like maybe a 12.5" or less length of pull?  I can't seem to find one anywhere, is this due to the panics, or do they just not exist?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Ruger makes the compact 10/22 which has a shorter stock.
In higher end stuff, krg bravo chassis has a real short pull and can be extended with spacer as the child grows
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
KRG Bravo has a 11 something LOP.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Blackhawk Axiom is a great stock with adjustable buttstock and short trigger length of pull for youth.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want to go cheap find a take off birch stock and cut 2"-2.5" off the end.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blackhawk Axiom is a great stock with adjustable buttstock and short trigger length of pull for youth.
View Quote

I bought this when my son was old enough to shoot my 10/22. Cheap and does the job, also free float.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In higher end stuff, krg bravo chassis has a real short pull and can be extended with spacer as the child grows
View Quote

I think the 10/22 Compact would be ideal.  I'd buy one right now except it comes with a 16.12" barrel which I believe is too short to move the front sight back and thread.  My understanding is that to move the front sight back and thread, they need; "To perform this service the barrel must be shortened the length of the front sight."

https://adcofirearms.com/shop/gunsmithing/thread-relocate-sight-1022s/

Anybody know if just the stock is available??
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you want to go cheap find a take off birch stock and cut 2"-2.5" off the end.
View Quote

Yeah that's definitely on the table
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah that's definitely on the table
View Quote

I went that route with a beater Mosin M44 for my son. Have 46 gn training ammo. So big fun bang and fire ball with no kick.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think the 10/22 Compact would be ideal.  I'd buy one right now except it comes with a 16.12" barrel which I believe is too short to move the front sight back and thread.  My understanding is that to move the front sight back and thread, they need; "To perform this service the barrel must be shortened the length of the front sight."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually JP Grips said they could do it and keep it legal, nice
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I may have a 10/22 compact stock laying around. I'll check this evening and let you know.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I may have a 10/22 compact stock laying around. I'll check this evening and let you know.
View Quote

Thanks, just ordered the whole rifle, found it for $279 semi-locally, picking it up tomorrow.  I appreciate it though!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually JP Grips said they could do it and keep it legal, nice
View Quote

That is good to know, thanks.

One of the other well-known threaders wouldn't do mine either.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top