Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2020 3:21:10 PM EDT
I've had this rifle in storage for maybe four years, never fired. Took it out to shoot, and got a click.

The bolt doesn't sound right when charging. It sounds like a smaller surface is making contact ("clack") instead of the whole bolt face ("thunk").

No discernible strike on rim. Firing pin appears to be protruding adequately when viewed through the open trunnion (I can feel spring resistance when pressing the firing pin with a punch).

My guess is that the bolt isn't going into battery due to improper depth of the barrel. I don't know much about these rifles, though. Just feels like it to me.

Rounds are also not feeding perfectly from a factory mag, and want to stick to the extractor during manual cycling. I initially chalked this up to disuse / break-in, however.

I can't find anything from a web search. Anyone else heard of this?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at  manual HERE

Mainly This part:

Barrel Assembly InstructionsThe RUGER®10/22 TAKEDOWN®rifle has an adjustable lock-upmechanism. The following directions describe the adjustment necessary to ensure proper lockup the first time the barrel is installed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
This is it. Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top