Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2018 11:35:49 AM EDT
Bought a used 10/22 takedown in a store locally, I believe it is a Talo special edition, in a very nice straight grained piece of walnut. Checkering is clearly machine cut, but looks good and gives some grip. Previous owner put in the auto bolt release and a Nordic mag release. Doesn’t look like it was shot much if it all.

What shocked me was the straight stock. Honestly I was so excited to get a wood stocked 10/22 TD (my first 10/22 btw) I didn’t notice it until I put it in the safe and saw it matched the line of the Winchester 94 it was next to. It looks a little different, but it feels nice, shoulders well.

First range visit tomorrow, have some quality HV to run through it (Mini-mag and the usually more accurate Federal 719), along with an assortment of SV, like CCI, Eley, Norma, RWS, and SK.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to see some photos of that rifle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I will get some tomorrow from the range.

I don’t have a way to post thanks to the great photobucket meltdown, I will try to find a new way.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it the Talo Altamont Classic VI that comes with a Boyt canvas case?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the straght stocks look and feel nice.
Is there a large Ruger logo cut into the ejection side of the butt?
Which checkering do you have?  I know the Talos have several different patterns; fish scale is neat looking.
Pretty sure checkering is laser cut and not mechanically machined. Look at the Gator stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top