Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2022 1:27:00 PM EDT
I bought a super cheap 10/22 for the express purpose of swapping the barrel, changing the stock etc to create a very light, handy, and compact rifle.  I initially put it in a butler creek folding stock, but that stock needs a barrel band to keep the barrel/reciever from teeter-tottering on the takedown screw.

What is a good, lightweight stock that doesn't need a barrel band?  I would prefer a folder, but a good fixed stock might be ok.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
ATI Fiberforce - 26 Ounces - Non-Folding

I had one of those on mine.  Very minimal, but worked.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
How lightweight do you want? What is your budget? This stock weighs ounces and I absolutely love the feel and shoot ability of it. Thus has become one of my faves lately. Total weight under two pounds.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How lightweight do you want? What is your budget? This stock weighs ounces and I absolutely love the feel and shoot ability of it. Thus has become one of my faves lately. Total weight under two pounds.
https://i.ibb.co/Jcg7h2h/20220131-203807.jpg
View Quote

No specific budget, but I'm not looking to make the lightest rifle in existence. I just want a stock that doesn't rely on the barrel profile to secure the reciever and isn't a boat anchor.   What is the stock you have?
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The stock is a
https://www.modshot.com
I cannot even imagine anything being lighter than what I have above. With a full 16" aluminum. TacSol barrel the whole rifle and sight is in the +/-1.75 lbs. range. I do not remember exactly. I would have to break out the digital scale to be sure. Aluminum stock, CF hand guard and grip. It shoots so much better and feels better than I envisioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top