Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2022 11:57:00 PM EDT
Long story short, I bought a used 10/22 in a pink stock for my daughter some time ago. She is getting to an age where I want to present it to her. Tonight I took it out of the safe and the bolt is locked closed. I cannot figure out how to release it and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Have to press the lever underneath.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Never mind, got it figured out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have to press the lever underneath.
View Quote

It was actually a optic screw that was screwed in too much and blocking the action. Thanks for the reply though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was actually a optic screw that was screwed in too much and blocking the action. Thanks for the reply though.
View Quote
This is one answer.

Another is if the bolt is glued closed by someone who put entirely too much loctite on those same screws, and it leaked through and glued the action shut.  Wasn't me, but the guy felt real stupid when I pointed out why his gun wasn't working
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top