Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2022 9:47:37 PM EDT
Wife and I are about to start an 07 application.

We already have an LLC we plan to use, but if I decide to manufacture in the future, can I mark using a dba?

I think I found that we can file for a variance on manufacturing to use our DBA?

ETA: So I can get the FFL with my LLC, and file a variance to use our dba name to mark what we make, correct?

Y'all are an awesome source of info BTW, I've spent all day reading this forum.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Just make sure both your SOT and FFL, Business license, whatever paperwork you have include your DBA on them, Exactly the same words, addresses, everything. I have an 0702 with my DBA, name, as well as the DBA's initials. ATF has said I can mark firearms with any of the above / don't need to engrave all of them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Just file an official DBA with your state/county based on your local rules, and then put that "trade name" in box 3 on the FFL application and be ready to email the IOI a copy of the DBA and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:18:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just file an official DBA with your state/county based on your local rules, and then put that "trade name" in box 3 on the FFL application and be ready to email the IOI a copy of the DBA and you are good to go.
View Quote

But if he already has a FFL in the LLC with a trade name, does he need a new FFL ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#4]
list your DBA on your FFL application and you won't need a variance.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But if he already has a FFL in the LLC with a trade name, does he need a new FFL ?
View Quote

He can amend his current FFL and add as many "trade names" as he wants.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, filed our DBA and applied with the DBA listed as well, super easy, knew I was over thinking it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top