Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 2:27:25 PM EDT
Hey just had a couple questions about bound books and logging information. I thought I’d reach out before bugging the local IOI who’s out of office at the moment. I’m getting ready to form2 a few post samples now that my SOT is active.

When building a postie from a parts kit do I just enter my FFL information in the acquisition side of my manufacturing bound book and leave the disposition side blank?

When building a postie from an existing lower/firearm in my personal collection do I need to log it into my sales book as “receiver or rifle/pistol” with my personal information and then out to my FFL on the disposition side before converting it or do I also just enter it straight in the acquisition side of my manufacturing book?

Also if building an SBR for sale/retail I would enter the lower in manufacturing book on the acquisitions side with the FFL I received it from or personal info if already in my collection, then log it out on the disposition side as an SBR with my FFL info then log it into my transfers/sales book with my FFL info in the acquisition side and then out again on a 4473 or to the other FFL/SOT once sold?

Thanks you guys!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Your IOI should have gone over the manufacturing A&D log - it's different from the A&D log used for sales and transfers.

There's a sample template on FFLSOnly, just join and ask for the thread where it's attached.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey just had a couple questions about bound books and logging information. I thought I’d reach out before bugging the local IOI who’s out of office at the moment. I’m getting ready to form2 a few post samples now that my SOT is active.

When building a postie from a parts kit do I just enter my FFL information in the acquisition side of my manufacturing bound book and leave the disposition side blank?

When building a postie from an existing lower/firearm in my personal collection do I need to log it into my sales book as “receiver or rifle/pistol” with my personal information and then out to my FFL on the disposition side before converting it or do I also just enter it straight in the acquisition side of my manufacturing book?

Also if building an SBR for sale/retail I would enter the lower in manufacturing book on the acquisitions side with the FFL I received it from or personal info if already in my collection, then log it out on the disposition side as an SBR with my FFL info then log it into my transfers/sales book with my FFL info in the acquisition side and then out again on a 4473 or to the other FFL/SOT once sold?

Thanks you guys!
View Quote

In short, you seem to be using dealer books when you are a MFG.

I would suggest a thorough read of CFR 478.123.[a-d] There is also an Open Letter from 2010 or so that is relevant but I cannot recall the number at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Get Fastbound.com and let the software handle it.
View Quote

After keeping 3 different books and doing it by hand, I got Fastbound last week. It’s stupid easy to use!  I would highly recommend it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top