Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 16" A2 fluted upper from BM in September.  It had the mother of all windage problems.  With the sight centered, I could almost shoot around corners .  Anyway, they asked me to send it back.  At the same time, I changed my mind and decided to go with a 16" M4 profile A3.  I paid the difference, got the new upper back and it has been totally flawless.  I love my Bushy!  Now I need to find a stripped pre-ban lower with a small hole so I can return my Colt to its original configuration.  Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems here either... my 3rd Bushmaster, a 20" A2 was ordered on Monday and picked up today... I compared this new production model to the Colt rifles my dealer had in stock and the Bushy had the edge in quality over the Colt.

Funny thing is, this new rifle, when I set all my Bushmasters side by side, is not quite as 'smooth and refined' as my older Bushmaster rifles... a tool mark here, a burr there... nothing that would have stopped me from buying it, just an observation... and for $729 out the door I'm not going to gripe... Bushmaster is as close to mil-spec as you can get and rock solid...
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to the range again today.  Shot my bushy with the factory ten rounder for battle zero, then switched to a real crappy looking orlite that still had sand of the Negev in it and hebrew graffiti on it.  Since I can't read Hebrew I hoped it said " good Mag ".  Well the Orlite worked like a champ kept shoving barnaul into the pipe as fast as I could pull the trigger.  At my last two boxes of ammo however I was left with a quandry, 40 rounds of ammo and a 30 rd mag.  I loaded up the orlite, then the 10 rounder from bushy.  I noticed that the bushy felt tight going up the magwell.  A gentle shove and it was in.  {I'm used to commie guns which understand force quite well}.
Pulled the charging and handle and clunk, FTF.  With much cussing I got the mag out and the head of the case of one round was stuck between the bolt head and upper receiver and charging handle assembly.  I finessed, cussed, cleared the problem with no apparent damage, reinserted the mag, same damnd thing.  Same solution.  I then switched back to the orlite, all was right with the world and it kept on pumping.  My only conclusion for the day is that the bushy 10 rounder pretty much sucks.  It has now gone into the " strip for parts drawer ".

I just checked CDNN for more of these $10 wonders, and the Bast%$# are sold out.  Now the question since the price is about the same, Used GI 30s or NIW orlites?
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Orlites are the best mags on the market!

The plastic has a high melting point and the top inch is fortified with woven metal.

The only downside is that if your Orlite mag gets hit in battle and plastic fragments rip into your body they don't show up on X-rays.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Get good mags.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
My Carrier KEY Screws went loose on me during a nite exercise, not good. It was short cycling then just stopped and so did i. Next day we restaked them and has been fine since. All well no worst than Colt© selling Parts Seconds... ò¿ó ```Æ
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top