Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 7:21:43 PM EST
[#1]
Quoted:
I have several 10/22's and I have one that seriously hasn't been cleaned in a decade. The only thing close to cleaning/maintenance that has been done to this rifle is a dry towel wipe down if it gets rained on and I have squirted a couple of shots of CLP into the bolt area when it starts to feel like you're running it across sand. I'm contemplating one day on my vacation just going through as many rounds as I can before a non ammo related stoppage with no CLP shots.
This was the first  Ruger I bought when I was a young man and I used to clean it regularly, and somewhere down the line I just stopped being so anal with it. I clean all all my other guns  regularly with exception to my " farm Glock", which gets a through job about 3 times a year. Anyone else run their 10/22's like this?
View Quote
Here!  Have several and never clean.
fnh
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:26:56 AM EST
[#2]
Well I clean mine whenever I really get crazy about accuracy or when I get the urge.

Just took the family out today again and put another 200 rounds through my 10-22.  Probably has ~ 4,000 rounds through it right now without any cleaning (maybe more).  I have had this 10-22 for ~20 years and it rarely has any issues other than those caused by ammo. It will eat just about anything I put through it.  It does have a hard time cycling subsonic ammo but standard velocity on up to hyper velocity it has no issues.  I bet I went 20,000 rounds or more when I was younger without cleaning it.  Now I just clean it to make me feel better about it and have things nice and neat.

Unfortunately my  SiCo sparrow (aluminum 1st gen) has about 8,000 rounds through it without cleaning.   Its going to be a dirty bugger when I get around to cleaning it
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 11:06:33 AM EST
[#3]
Unfortunately my SiCo sparrow (aluminum 1st gen) has about 8,000 rounds through it without cleaning. Its going to be a dirty bugger when I get around to cleaning it

That's going to be a job!
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 8:04:15 AM EST
[#4]
I clean all my firearms regularly.  Somehow my 10/22 I purchased in 1992 seems to get missed in that cleaning rotation.

It gets a good shot of carb cleaner, a brush down the bore and some Mobil 1 on it probably every 2-3 years.  I bet I run 1K through it a year and it bounces around in my truck since the beginning of its time.  Somewhere in the mid-2000's it got a new recoil spring because I ran it hard for the first 10-15 years of its life.

It runs like a champ and will outlast all of you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top