Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a mepro trudot and 3x mag now, but I'm prolly gonna swap out the mepro for a holosun with the ACSS at some point. Fawesome reticle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cheap ass people.
View Quote
Or maybe they own 100's of rifles and adding a $650 optic on each one seems ridiculous (if your a collector).
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I never understand why people buy nice rifles and put shit optics on them. I am a member of the x95 group on Facebook and 90% of people have sub $100 optics on them
View Quote
Considering that way way WAY less than 10% will ever be used in a combat role, it actually makes lots of sense. There's nothing wrong with a primary arms RDS on a Tavor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm leaning towards a Vortex Strike Eagle currently but I'm not sure about the mount. I want a tall mount if I can get one so I don't have to crane my neck. What makes taller mounts?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Strike Eagle and Vortex CM-202 30 MM mount.  I used this mount on my Tavor and it is the correct height for the Tavor.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a Strike Eagle and Vortex CM-202 30 MM mount.  I used this mount on my Tavor and it is the correct height for the Tavor.
View Quote
The funny thing is I emailed Vortex and they told me to try ADM AD-RECON-PB-H mount.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
That's strange as they had recommended the CM-202 on their website in their public questions area but it is not a quick disconnect mount.  The center of the CM-202 mount basically puts a 30 MM tube at lower 1/3 co-witness (on a AR-15)  which is perfect for me with the Tavor.   I decided to stick with my E O Tech for how I use my Tavor.

Maybe they recommended the ADM mount because you requested a High Mount.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Well the ADM mount is 1.9" high from rail to centerline of optic and the Vortex mount is 1.6" so the ADM is definitively higher.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure if I missed it, but what are you looking for in terms of accuracy and target visibility?

For landing body size shots a red dot with a 3x behind it will work all day. Many great red dots in here listed, its a matter of preference mostly. My vote (doesn't matter) is an aimpoint or a MRO.

We sometimes run a 6x-24x on the tavor for fun. It really proves the precision the gun can achieve even with a stock trigger. Generally, the rifle is wearing the 4x acog or a 1-8x scope. We were shooting at 300 yards today and it was keeping up with our ARs no sweat.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
on an X95, either the ITL MARS sight, or the Mepro RDS
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 3:45:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well the ADM mount is 1.9" high from rail to centerline of optic and the Vortex mount is 1.6" so the ADM is definitively higher.
View Quote
ADM high mount is perfect on the Hebrew Hammer.  Night and day difference.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an Aimpoint PRO on my and have since I got it many years ago.  I don't get why someone would buy a short rifle (bullpup) and add a magnified optic.  The purpose of the bullpup design is compactness and that should go hand-in-had with a red dot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have an Aimpoint PRO on my and have since I got it many years ago.  I don't get why someone would buy a short rifle (bullpup) and add a magnified optic.  The purpose of the bullpup design is compactness and that should go hand-in-had with a red dot.
View Quote
No, the point of a bullpup is a compact weapon that retains the capabilities of a longer, conventional one. A 20" AUG is the same length as an 11.5" AR but retains the capabilities of a full length 20" AR. Why not use an optic that takes advantage of that?

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Elcan Specter DR on one and VCOG on the other.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Vortex Spitfire 3x on my 5.56 X95 and a Sig Romeo 4 on my 9mm SAR.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No, the point of a bullpup is a compact weapon that retains the capabilities of a longer, conventional one. A 20" AUG is the same length as an 11.5" AR but retains the capabilities of a full length 20" AR. Why not use an optic that takes advantage of that?

http://www.silencertalk.com/albums/Steyr/IMG_0800.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.silencertalk.com/albums/Steyr/IMG_0800.jpg
I just ordered a Steyr Ey You Gee with a 16" barrel and the 3x optic, so now I'm changing my tune with bullpups and magnified optics.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 4:35:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I use a DI optics eg1. Out of all the stuff I've tried I like it the best.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
....but I know most optics mounted for an AR tend to be a little too low for a Tavor ...
View Quote
I find it to be just the opposite. The AR has ruined good marksmanship for a lot of people, because "standard" AR sights are actually too high. They make you raise up off of the stock in order to align your eyes with the sight, causing you to lose a proper cheek weld.

You have to fit your optic to your objective (pun intended). My Tavor has been wearing an EOTech since roughly a week after I picked it up, because it fits how I use that rifle. When I run my Tavor, I like to run it as fast as I can go. I'm not saying I can keep up with anyone that is a widely known name in 3 gun circles, but for me, that's what makes the Tavor so much fun. No other reticle that I have used draws the target into the sights (or is it the sights onto the target?) like that circle-dot.

I have had enough bad experience with "budget" RDS's to be extremely cautious of them. The most common problems are Un-round dots and/or washed out reticles, those are closely followed by glass that either glares or makes things look distorted. I even had one that claimed to be 3moa dot, but completely covered the width of a silhouette that should have been almost 5moa across at the distance I was shooting.

EDIT: IMO, if you want a cheap sighting device, the rifle already has irons built into it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Have a m21 with the 5moa dot on my SAR. It is nice but I'm thinking of putting a aimpoint pro on it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Steiner P4Xi on my SAR.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#23]
If you want a cheap first focal plane  scope the Bushnell 1x-4x is on sale now at Brownells for 169. Bushnell is also offering an additional 30% rebate with the purchase making this a really good deal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Only the original sight was good enough for my Tavor...
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:08:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Niiiiice. Did you convert a full railed SAR to an IDF profile?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only the original sight was good enough for my Tavor...
https://i.imgur.com/txCDfn5.jpg
Niiiiice. Did you convert a full railed SAR to an IDF profile?
Yes, it took me close to a year to get IWI to convert it, as they would not sell me the parts.

Even then, their gunsmith put the MARS on backwards and sent me an email telling me they could not install the rear backup sight. It was as I was on hold, waiting to speak to my contact I realized what they had done. Let's just say the smith was rather embarassed.

Tried to get parts for my buddies Tavor to do the same thing, and IWI no longer carry rhe replacement parts...
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 2:27:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Aimpoint T2
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Mepro Trudot and Primary Arms 3x Mag.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 3:49:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Just an Aimpoint/Larue combo.

I gave the 1-4x setup a shot but didn't care for it on a bullpup.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 3:29:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Trijicon TA-47R-2 (red triangle 2x20). Works great for me out to 100yds, and is small and light.

I've not been able to shoot beyond that range where I am.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Mepro M21. It’s a perfect fit and pretty much made for the Tavor family.  Triangle reticle is probably the best. Wouldn’t want a bullseye on anything but a shotgun. The strike eagle is alright too, but any scope blocks the gas regulator.

And for the ones putting super cheap optics on theirs, I just don’t understand it. You dole out over $1500 for a rifle, then deck it out with the cheapest glass you can find?  Makes no sense to me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mepro M21. It’s a perfect fit and pretty much made for the Tavor family.  Triangle reticle is probably the best. Wouldn’t want a bullseye on anything but a shotgun. The strike eagle is alright too, but any scope blocks the gas regulator.

And for the ones putting super cheap optics on theirs, I just don’t understand it. You dole out over $1500 for a rifle, then deck it out with the cheapest glass you can find?  Makes no sense to me.
View Quote
Only the .300 blackouts have an adjustable gas regulator unless they have added that feature to the whole line now.

As for the optics maybe because they have a budget and they spent most of it on the gun? Or it’s just a plinker for them so they can’t justify a mil spec optic for it. I don’t get people getting worked up about what other people put on their own rifle. If they slapped a $25 airsoft scope on it telling them it probably isn’t going to work long enough to even zero the rifle is one thing but brow beating them for it is a bit silly in my opinion. And no one is even dipping to that level of shit in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#34]
When I owned a X95, it had a Vortex Spitfire 3X
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Mepro M21... Makes no sense to me.
View Quote
The Mepro 21 is a turd. It's huge, almost a lb, has reticle washout, and if you have an astigmatism, you're f'ed. I'm glad I got rid of mine. For reference, I also own an Eotech XPS2, Aimpoint TL, Mepro Trudot, Trijicon MRO, Hensoldt RSA, etc.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Oy finally reset my password so I can post from my PC and not just the phone that had the old forgotten one saved :).

M21 on the sar since its a IDF model one. Id like to swap it to a mars some day the M21 is fine in bright light but I get double vision on its reticle in lower light.

Vcog on the X95 with 18" barrel and thin butt pad.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#38]
This is how my SHTF Tavor rolls now.

You guys running lights stuck to the side of your SAR / X95 are crazy. Internal is the only way to go.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I set up a client's 9mm Tavor today with a Razor AMG UH-1.  He had previously installed the Manticore Arms x95 cantilevered forend and once the optic was on the gun, we both agreed it was the right height.

In previous years, Tavors and X95s I've put optics on included the Sparc 2, TA31F, Viper PST 1-4, Strike Eagle 1-6, Aimpoint PRO, and probably others I've forgotten about.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I just ordered a Steyr Ey You Gee with a 16" barrel and the 3x optic, so now I'm changing my tune with bullpups and magnified optics.
View Quote
My AUG/ACOG combo is probably my favorite rifle in my safe, I started with a midgrade Red Dot and moved that to my AR pistol and stuck my ACOG on there.  I'm wanting to pick up a longer barrel so I can get max velocity and not sure if I want to go 20 or 24 inch.  Right now it wears the factory standard 16inch barrel.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top