Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To piggy back on this thread, what is the top choice for minimizing the red glare? I had a Torch for testing but unfortunately I was the one running it and didn't take an opportunity to see it from down range but I had several team mates say they could track me due to the red glare. I know the correct answer is DBAL, ATPIAL or MAWL but those are priced beyond what most guys will individual purchase and we should have the class 3 versions anyway.
View Quote
Is there a handheld illuminator that's laser based instead of LED?  Not that I have any super need to eliminate the red glow, it would certainly make me feel warm and fuzzy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is there a handheld illuminator that's laser based instead of LED?  Not that I have any super need to eliminate the red glow, it would certainly make me feel warm and fuzzy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To piggy back on this thread, what is the top choice for minimizing the red glare? I had a Torch for testing but unfortunately I was the one running it and didn't take an opportunity to see it from down range but I had several team mates say they could track me due to the red glare. I know the correct answer is DBAL, ATPIAL or MAWL but those are priced beyond what most guys will individual purchase and we should have the class 3 versions anyway.
If it's laser based, you are limited to .7mW.

If you want to cut down the red glow use a different IR frequency LED or use a filter....but doing that will reduce the distance you can see. There's always a trade off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For those asking for the 3x adapter ring for our Torch Pro to get out to 1500 yards or so, CNC revving up....6-8 weeks.  Whom ever interested, please send an email to sales at tnvc dot com. Pricing will be in the 40ish range. Thanks
View Quote
Email incoming.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I was out last night for a while. Think the Evolva is all I need and plan on mounting one on a gen 2 nightquest to enhance the image.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Luna, but be careful with it. Heck, I’d consider a flip cap covered with electrical tape so that you can cover it in the car/whatever to avoid blinding someone.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]
The Luna does not have a reduced visible signature vs LED. If you pull the filter to get access to output with greater than 15 yards of utility, it has at least as much front side signature as an LED illuminator. Also, it has less usefull beam smoothness and has to be spread adequately to not look like a bunch of rings of light with dark lines between,  so you dont get enhanced more range with magnification and a tighter beam.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Luna does not have a reduced visible signature vs LED. If you pull the filter to get access to output with greater than 15 yards of utility, it has at least as much front side signature as an LED illuminator. Also, it has less usefull beam smoothness and has to be spread adequately to not look like a bunch of rings of light with dark lines between,  so you dont get enhanced more range with magnification and a tighter beam.
View Quote
Well, there ya go
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
The 3x adapter with a screw in IR filter cuts down on the glow a lot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For those asking for the 3x adapter ring for our Torch Pro to get out to 1500 yards or so, CNC revving up....6-8 weeks.  Whom ever interested, please send an email to sales at tnvc dot com. Pricing will be in the 40ish range. Thanks
View Quote
hey @TNVC, is this still on schedule?  i send an email, but never got a confirmation.  i really want/need this in my life.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
YES Sir.  They just came off the CNC. Should be on the web site next week!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey @TNVC, is this still on schedule?  i send an email, but never got a confirmation.  i really want/need this in my life.
YES Sir.  They just came off the CNC. Should be on the web site next week!
thank you!
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have experience or impressions of the SureFire V1 Vampire Dual Output LED Light?
I was intrigued by the dual white/IR feature.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone have experience or impressions of the SureFire V1 Vampire Dual Output LED Light?
I was intrigued by the dual white/IR feature.
View Quote
It’s awesome. Kinda spendy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never tried the V1, but I have a couple M952V and I like them. My X300V is awesome as well. My buddy has a TLR VIR and the beam is not very even....lots of bright/dark spots.

On a side not, I held a 3X magnifier in front of the Torch and holy shit, it throws out a beam that is insanely long! I should've taken pics! Can't wait for that adapter ring!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Just an observation. The stream light pro tac is not bored for protected 18650 batteries - argh
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:55:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just an observation. The stream light pro tac is not bored for protected 18650 batteries - argh
View Quote
16650's are a thing if the voltage range is OK.

They aren't going to last as long as 18650's, but I've only had to change one out once after several hours of (intermittent) use.   KeepPower are the only readily available ones with a decent reputation, I think.

Only dimensional issues I've run into is that fitting them into some Inforce 2-cell lights is tight, length-wise.   I have a bunch of 600 series Scout lights I use them in.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#19]
The TNVC Torch Mk2 illuminator is stupid bright. I should have bought a cheaper illuminator.
I went out last night in near total darkness, which required turning up the gain a bit on my PVS14 to navigate without illumination. When I turned on the Torch to look into some shadows I couldn't tell the difference between the bright and brighter settings. EVERYTHING within a couple hundred yards was daylight bright. After turning down the gain back down I could differentiate between the settings.
No need for the 3x adapter here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone ever try one of the Fenix TK25 IR lights?

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-tk25ir-led-tactical-flashlight/

I’ve used a couple of the smaller Fenix lights over the years without any issues, but haven’t seen this one before. Seems smaller than the Streamlight with the bonus of being both white and IR (rotating bezel).

Specs seem decent, but I’m not sure what kind of luck folks have had with their newer stuff. Just thought it looked interesting for $80.

Good, bad, junk?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thanks for the mini-review of the the Torch Pro Brother. It's definitely still one o f the brightest LED's out there for the price, and NOT MADE IN CHINA!

For those who do want the adapter for the extended range, it's now on the web site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The TNVC Torch Mk2 illuminator is stupid bright. I should have bought a cheaper illuminator.
I went out last night in near total darkness, which required turning up the gain a bit on my PVS14 to navigate without illumination. When I turned on the Torch to look into some shadows I couldn't tell the difference between the bright and brighter settings. EVERYTHING within a couple hundred yards was daylight bright. After turning down the gain back down I could differentiate between the settings.
No need for the 3x adapter here.
Thanks for the mini-review of the the Torch Pro Brother. It's definitely still one o f the brightest LED's out there for the price, and NOT MADE IN CHINA!

For those who do want the adapter for the extended range, it's now on the web site.
just bought the adapter about an hour ago for around $60 shipped.  if someone wants pics, i could post some in a couple of weeks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top