Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont even have my gsg yet (out of stock, i have it on pre-order so when they get some in all i have to do is pick it up) and i want one!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If the cost is around $30, I'd be in for two!  Thanks for taking the time to design it...
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
dibbs on one!
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#4]
What an excellent device - I want one!
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in!!!!! I want one
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Count me in for one!

Excellent work, you should have all sorts of problems keeping these in stock
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I would love one, any idea on when these will be available?
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#8]
After watching the video I will definatly pick one of these up so long as its under $40 or so.  Great job!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in for one!
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sold.

That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#11]
you sir are a genius...  

sign me up for one
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is a link to a smaller video file size wise so you won't have to wait so long for it to load.
GSG-5 Mag Loader

I'm planning on taking the prototype to the range sometime this weekend and put a box of federal through it.
Or maybe two boxes.

I have already made some major improvements to the design that is shown in the video.
1. Wider and taller loading trough so you can easily pour the bullets in straight from the box.
2. A bullet dam in the shaker area that will facilitate lining up the bullets even faster.
3. Optimized magazine angle to insure a smoother load.
4. Added a bullet pusher that will work in two ways. First when using with the factory mags it will help in forcng the bullets down when pulling down on the mag follower. Second it will allow this to be used with the 40 round magazines being offered by tactical designs unlimited.

I am in the process of making the design production friendly then will make one more prototype of that version to test.

Then it's off to have the molds made and begin production.

Link Posted: 1/9/2009 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]
OK, just let me know when and where to send the money for one of these!! Everyone will want one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 1:29:51 AM EDT
[#15]
That is epic, I can not wait to be able to purchase one. Thank you!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#16]
So it will load both the stock mag and 40 rounder also . Cool!
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes, VERY interested in the loader!

Awaiting further information
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here is a link to a smaller video file size wise so you won't have to wait so long for it to load.
GSG-5 Mag Loader

I'm planning on taking the prototype to the range sometime this weekend and put a box of federal through it.
Or maybe two boxes.

I have already made some major improvements to the design that is shown in the video.
1. Wider and taller loading trough so you can easily pour the bullets in straight from the box.
2. A bullet dam in the shaker area that will facilitate lining up the bullets even faster.
3. Optimized magazine angle to insure a smoother load.
4. Added a bullet pusher that will work in two ways. First when using with the factory mags it will help in forcng the bullets down when pulling down on the mag follower. Second it will allow this to be used with the 40 round magazines being offered by tactical designs unlimited.

I am in the process of making the design production friendly then will make one more prototype of that version to test.

Then it's off to have the molds made and begin production.

So is this the speed loader that TDU is claiming will be available or do they have a different one???
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#19]
It would seem so, I guess they should have clarified it as being in production by another party and still in development, but w/e. patience is a virtue.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#20]
My brother spoke to TDU, the speedloader advertised on the 40rd mag page is NOT this one... not even close.  It's a classic thumbloader.  One free with each 5 mag purchase and $5 for each additional loader.

Hurry up and make this speedloader :)
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My brother spoke to TDU, the speedloader advertised on the 40rd mag page is NOT this one... not even close.  It's a classic thumbloader.  One free with each 5 mag purchase and $5 for each additional loader.

Hurry up and make this speedloader :)

Just want to set the record straight there seems to be some confusion on this thread and also the thread on the GSG-5 forum.

I am no way affiliated with McFadden the makers of the Ultimate Clip loader for the Ruger pistol.
I am no way affiliated with Tactical Designs Unlimited either.

I am the owner of Gencad Systems the site that I used to host the video.
I specialize in Catia V5 design automation software.
This is the software I used to design the GSG-5 Mag Loader.

What is true is that I've added new features to the production model GSG-5 Mag Loader that will allow it to be used with the new 40 rd mags offered by Tactical Designs Unlimited.
This has not been tested yet but I am planning on ordering one of the 40 rd mags to test with the production prototype before I start production.

I hope this clears up any issues for any one with doubts.

Thanks,
Dana

PS The production design is almost finished.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm in. They look good.

Thanks for taking the time to develop this.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#23]
what kind of time are you looking at for your production model to actually going to production and being able to take orders?
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
what kind of time are you looking at for your production model to actually going to production and being able to take orders?

I've never had a product mass produced before so this is all new to me.
I do have several options for producing them that I'm looking at right now.

If I had to make an educated guess at this point I would have to say that it should be available in two months maybe less.

I assure you I'm putting in a lot of time and effort to get this to market as fast as possible.

Once that is done I'm planning on developing these for other guns.

It's off to the range now to put the prototype through it's paces.

Thanks,
Dana
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#25]
2 months would be sooner than i thought possible!

hope everything works out and im looking forward to being the first in hawaii to get one!
muahahaha!
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Went to the range yesterday and the prototype performed pretty well.
I started to have some sticky issues once I was at the end of 550 rounds but there are features added to the production model that will eliminate those problems.

I forgot to take my silicone spray with me to lube it up but oh well I still managed to go through the box of 550 in about an hour and a half. ( Would have been less if the range marshal hadn't told me to slow down.)

Definitely loaded the mags faster than my wife usually does. (Yeah I'm lucky when wife gets tired of shooting she will load mags) I almost hate to tell here she has been replaced. LOL

Had more problems with my red dot because the batteries decided to die right after i started shooting.
Iron sights the rest of the day.

Well I finished the production version design today and I'm looking into getting it machined so I can test it before I have th molds made.

I will post a picture of it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank You!
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#28]
That's great to hear...I can't wait to get my hands on this. I hate loading these mags...
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Okay here is a picture of the production design.
I've added a few more features to it after using the prototype at the range.

http://members.cox.net/dfiorucci
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://members.cox.net/dfiorucci/PRODUCTION_ISO.jpg

Link Posted: 1/13/2009 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

One more time to get it right.

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm interested in one !!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#33]
dfiorucci, I am so very impressed with this bit of kit and SOOO want one. The big question will be if you are willing to send them over the pond.
If so, would you be interested in selling a batch? Email me if interested.

Cheers mate,

Keith
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I would definitely like to be in line for one.  What a great invention.  Really nice job dfiorucci
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#35]
count me in for sure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Dana, IM to you about helping getting this into production.

thanks
    and take it easy
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
dfiorucci, I am so very impressed with this bit of kit and SOOO want one. The big question will be if you are willing to send them over the pond.
If so, would you be interested in selling a batch? Email me if interested.

Cheers mate,

Keith

These definitely will be available world wide
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One more time to get it right.

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of the GSG-5 Mag Loader.

I have the production prototype done as shown and have been making some tweaks to it.

So far I'm not able to load a mag without pulling down on the follower so loading the 40 mags with out the side follower is out for right now.
The tweaks I'm making will hopefully accomplish this.

I am making progress on this but it's not to the point to where I'm ready to release them.

As soon as I'm happy with the design and functionality I am negotiating a deal to get these into production quickly.

So hang tight and know that when these are available they will perform perfectly.

Thanks,
Dana
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for the update.....keep up the good great work
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks alot for the update! Can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Show me the checkout button.  I am in for one or two.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#42]
To be clear, have you tried to load a 40 round mag yet?  Or are you guessing it's impossible?  Right now, it's more probable that your loader will work than it is the 40 round mag being real :)
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
it's more probable that your loader will work than it is the 40 round mag being real :)

Ouch!

That wasn't even aimed at me and it hurt.

Hee hee hee!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
To be clear, have you tried to load a 40 round mag yet?  Or are you guessing it's impossible?  Right now, it's more probable that your loader will work than it is the 40 round mag being real :)

No I have not actually tried it with the 40 rnd mag yet but in theory if I'm unable to overcome the 22 mags spring by applying force to the plunger to load than it would not be possible to do so on the 40 rounder.

Again I'm trying to work these issues out so this will be a universal solution for the GSG-5 irregardless which mags you are using.

The slide follower on the mag loader has proved to be a very handy feature that and the trapped lid with the bullet lip.

No more spilling ammo or having the lid accidentally opening while sorting the bullets also the slide follower aids in lining up the bullets rather quickly.

I've bet I've loaded my two mags over and over probably a thousand times in the last two evenings.
I'll try and post a new video sometime later this week when I find some time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#45]
dfiorucci you're a genius. Can you explain how this stuff works? How do the bullets flow into the chamber so neatly and not upside down etc with just a few shakes and without jamming?

Count me in!
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I have the final prototype done and it is performing flawlessly.

I'm not going to bother with making this work for the 40 rd mags since even my latest version cannot force rounds into the mag without pulling down on the mag follower. I will possibly look into making one for it at a later time.

Here are the results of my testing over the last two days.

I'm able to load up to 8 mags with 24 rounds each with one pour into the bullet hopper in a little over a minute. Oh yeah there where 4 bullets left over after doing that so that was 196 bullets poured in and 192 loaded in about a minute.

So that is approximately 200 round capacity!!!

Now that the design is finalized, I'll work on getting these into production as soon as possible.

Also I have an initial design for the Walther P22 that will soon follow the release of the GSG-5 Mag Loader.
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#47]
This is great news! Please keep the updates coming even if it's just to say hello and that you're still working on it. What kills me is not seeing any updates at all. Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you. I'm sure this loader is going to be a hit!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Dude, this is awesome.  I just picked up a P22 yesterday, and my suppressor should be coming within a month to use on both the P22 and GSG.  Mag loader is all I need, and I'm set!  You should offer a P22/GSG package.
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Awesome. I want one..
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Great to hear an update! This sounds very promising!!

As with pretty much anything of this manor, i will wait for some product reviews before putting any money down, but i am still looking forward to that day!
Page / 5
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top