Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2006 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
When are they going to be importing them again?  I would like to get a black one and build it into a UMP SBR.  Not having to die it black gets rid of alot of headaches with this build.

Also, what calibers are they going to import?
Link Posted: 9/7/2006 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When are they going to be importing them again?  I would like to get a black one and build it into a UMP SBR.  Not having to die it black gets rid of alot of headaches with this build.

Also, what calibers are they going to import?

Tell me about it...

I'm half-tempted to buy a black SL8, and sell off the SL8 that's at the heart of my G36 build cheap.

The previous owner painted it, rather than dye it, and I really don't want to dick around with trying to strip the paint and dye it myself.
Link Posted: 9/12/2006 6:29:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I concur that monkeys have taken over HK Sr. Mgm't.....

Why in the world would you repackage something that didn't sell well.  Changing the color isn't going to invigorate sales and the only sales will be the people who want to use the platform for custom configurations as they do today.  

Keep in mind this isn't the first HK blunder and I'm sure we can expect to see more.  The recently released HKCT 45 is yet another example of HK thinking.  "Hey, lets sell a handgun specifically designed for suppressed use, but we won't include hi-rise sights so you can't see over the suppressor."  

Send your business elsewhere to companies like FN who find a way to deliver the guns in the configurations that we want.  Whether you like the PS90 or not, at least FN didn't offer it with a 10 rd mag or the FS2000 with a proprietary 10 mag.  FN gets it and I'll continue to vote with my $.

Rant done.
Link Posted: 9/12/2006 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#4]
AWESOME.  if HK beomces what they once were dear lord that would be awesome!  if they really do bring these back I will declare them the anticolt and buy both.
Link Posted: 9/12/2006 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
AWESOME.  if HK beomces what they once were dear lord that would be awesome!  if they really do bring these back I will declare them the anticolt and buy both.

If HK decides to bring in an SL8 that looks more like the G36 and takes either G36 or M16 mags, I'll agree with you.  And they need to give us the 416 either as a full rifle or an upper conversion.  We've been waiting long enough, now it's just plain insulting that HK isn't offering the 416.
Link Posted: 9/13/2006 5:16:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If HK decides to bring in an SL8 that looks more like the G36 and takes either G36 or M16 mags, I'll agree with you.  And they need to give us the 416 either as a full rifle or an upper conversion.  We've been waiting long enough, now it's just plain insulting that HK isn't offering the 416.

a) Importing the G36 or anything like it  for civilian purposes would violate 925(d)(3)
b)all they'd need to do is bring in the SL8's and then do the conversions themselves with US parts, kinda like glock does, WASR10's, etc.
c) as regards the 416, I thinkn they have a plausible argument that all of production is going to people in MARPAT suits.  I hate LEOnly products as much as the next guy, but I can see a plausible argument that they are busy supplying folks who need it.  Now if (liek colt) they were making regular uppers selling tehm to us and just withholding 416's, I'd be pissed, but this iss clearly not the case, and many pics fromteh sandboxes show them in heavy use....
d) the conversion ain't that hard to do yourself!
Link Posted: 9/13/2006 6:34:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know when they will start importing them again?

Scott
Link Posted: 9/13/2006 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

a) Importing the G36 or anything like it  for civilian purposes would violate 925(d)(3)
b)all they'd need to do is bring in the SL8's and then do the conversions themselves with US parts, kinda like glock does, WASR10's, etc.
c) as regards the 416, I thinkn they have a plausible argument that all of production is going to people in MARPAT suits.  I hate LEOnly products as much as the next guy, but I can see a plausible argument that they are busy supplying folks who need it.  Now if (liek colt) they were making regular uppers selling tehm to us and just withholding 416's, I'd be pissed, but this iss clearly not the case, and many pics fromteh sandboxes show them in heavy use....
d) the conversion ain't that hard to do yourself!

You are correct about 925(d)(3) and the way HK could get around it.  Furthermore, HK knows exactly how to play these games.  They did it with the Benelli M1S90 Short barrel rifles back when they were the importer.  Brought the guns in with long barrels, cut the barrel down, filed form-2....voila a U.S. made transferable FACTORY SBS from HK.

IF Hk is actually sending beaucoup 416's overseas to support our war efforts, then I agree with you.

I wouldn't convert an SL8 myself for several reasons.  First, and most importantly you lose all factory support from HK if you modify the firearm.  I consider this to be a big problem in light of the fact that the G36 and SL8 are known for developing cracks in the receiver near the barrel interface.  Secondly, I think the buttstock looks too long and detracts from the rifle's overall appearance enough that I have no desire to own one (this is saying alot, because like many others here I want to own at least one of EVERY black rifle that is released).  
Link Posted: 9/13/2006 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Secondly, I think the buttstock looks too long and detracts from the rifle's overall appearance enough that I have no desire to own one (this is saying alot, because like many others here I want to own at least one of EVERY black rifle that is released).  

Problem solved quite nicely:

www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41370
Link Posted: 9/14/2006 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Secondly, I think the buttstock looks too long and detracts from the rifle's overall appearance enough that I have no desire to own one (this is saying alot, because like many others here I want to own at least one of EVERY black rifle that is released).  

Problem solved quite nicely:

www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41370

I just have a problem making any of the mods on an SL8 because you lose all factory support on a rifle that is known to have issues with the receiver cracking.  Cutting and drilling the rear of the reciever only further mutilates the rifle. And while it may look good you're drilling into an area that has no steel support and thus the longevity of a rifle modified as such is questionable at best.  

Those conversions may look cool, but what happens if and when your reciever cracks?
Link Posted: 12/8/2006 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#11]
any updates on this?  I recently sold off my semi collection and my SL8/G36 clone is the ONLY gun I seriously miss. So, it looks like I just have to build another.
Link Posted: 12/8/2006 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#12]
If they want to offer me a neutered rifle, I'll spend my money on something else.  Nothing personal, just no reason to buy their long arms.
Link Posted: 12/8/2006 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:,
any updates on this?  I recently sold off my semi collection and my SL8/G36 clone is the ONLY gun I seriously miss. So, it looks like I just have to build another.

There is a lot of info about this subject over on HKPRO.com. Last time I read the thread it said they will be imported in a darker color grey. And they think think the price will be $1300-1500.

HK new selling point is "WE DON"T CARE, SO WE IMPORT THE SAME SHIT THAT DID NOT SELL  THE FRIST TIME"

USC's and SL8 only became intresting when the aftermarket parts came out. Then the guns started to sell and went up in price.

I own a HK USC and I think it is an ok gun, but it's no HK 91, 93, or 94. Had to spend almost a $1000 on my USC to be a fun gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/9/2006 1:45:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I would consider an SL8 for a long range precision rifle IF it had the G36 magwell, AND they corrected the cracking issues.  I love HK and would buy from them if they would take the effort to build the types of guns that us civies want.  I know they have hoops they have to jump through to get a true no ban weapon to us, but its just a stupid move to not try, I think a 94 type weapon would sell quite well even competing against things like FN's ps90, just because it is a 9mm which is a lot more common than FN's 5.7.  I just really think that HK is missing the boat on a huge market for those types of weapons here.  Regardless of their recent behavior who here wouldnt buy(given the oppertunity) a new HK94? Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/10/2006 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
Just what we need!

A 5.56 rifle whose gas block cracks and whose replacement parts that are impossible to come by.Add to that HK's anti civilian stance and you have a great combo! HK.

I dunno... pretty sure it was actually that the US Gov't was anti-HK on our (the civilian's) behalf when they banned the importation, in which they actually named specific HK weapons... because up until then, if you can remember back, HK had no problem selling to us.  Now I'm sure they're a bit jaded and not nearly so willing to do any re-tooling to sell to us when our gov't is ever changing and constantly f*cking everything up.  We should probably point our less-than-satisfied aggression towards the proper target...

While it blows paying out the ass for HK stuff, as I know... I'm currently building up what I call a "PSG91", which is an HK91 with the PSG stock and grip, with the claw scope mount, and hopefully some other PSG upgrades (if I can get my hands on them)... I put the blame more on the gov't than HK.  Not every firearm manufacturer is going to have Ronnie Barrett's "Go F*** yourself" attitude towards gov't agencies that seek to ban their weapons.  They don't really have that American Second Amendment pride that we do...

Just my two cents. :)  I still love me my American rifles... Thank God for Bushy! :)
Link Posted: 12/10/2006 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
I would consider an SL8 for a long range precision rifle IF it had the G36 magwell, AND they corrected the cracking issues.  I love HK and would buy from them if they would take the effort to build the types of guns that us civies want.  I know they have hoops they have to jump through to get a true no ban weapon to us, but its just a stupid move to not try, I think a 94 type weapon would sell quite well even competing against things like FN's ps90, just because it is a 9mm which is a lot more common than FN's 5.7.  I just really think that HK is missing the boat on a huge market for those types of weapons here.  Regardless of their recent behavior who here wouldnt buy(given the oppertunity) a new HK94? Anyone?

I agree, they most definitely are missing a fair size target audience... need proof?  Look how many companies are cloning the MP5 now... and they're selling.  As shitty as the Bobcats and SW and so on are... they still sell.  If HK started importing real HK94's again, those companies would go under in a hurry... even if they were slightly more expensive... but it doesn't seem that they would have to be.

Who knows why they won't do it... they make plenty of cash with Military and LEO sales, I'm sure, but they could make a Civilian market pretty profitable, I would imagine... I guess it all goes into how much retooling they'd have to do for civilian production, and whether it'd be worth it to them...

I hope it happens... But I fear holding my breath would lead to suffocation. =\
Link Posted: 12/10/2006 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#17]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I agree, they most definitely are missing a fair size target audience... need proof?  Look how many companies are cloning the MP5 now... and they're selling.  As shitty as the Bobcats and SW and so on are... they still sell.  If HK started importing real HK94's again, those companies would go under in a hurry... even if they were slightly more expensive... but it doesn't seem that they would have to be.

Who knows why they won't do it... they make plenty of cash with Military and LEO sales, I'm sure, but they could make a Civilian market pretty profitable, I would imagine... I guess it all goes into how much retooling they'd have to do for civilian production, and whether it'd be worth it to them...

I think there is a lot of complaining, myself included, about HK's lack of effort toward marketing a military style weapon to the civilians in the USA.  I know for myself I havn't done much about it as far as action goes.  I decided that I am going to write HK a letter, it probably wont mean much to them, but I am going to let them know that if they put forth the effort to marked a real "no ban" weapon to US civilans that they will get my business.  I love my USP but I really like long guns much more than handguns, so I put more resources into enhancing my no ban long gun collection.  I would love to ad a 94 or 91 to my collection!  If we all send letters it might not do much, but its more effective than complaining to each other.
Link Posted: 12/11/2006 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I think there is a lot of complaining, myself included, about HK's lack of effort toward marketing a military style weapon to the civilians in the USA.  I know for myself I havn't done much about it as far as action goes.  I decided that I am going to write HK a letter, it probably wont mean much to them, but I am going to let them know that if they put forth the effort to marked a real "no ban" weapon to US civilans that they will get my business.  I love my USP but I really like long guns much more than handguns, so I put more resources into enhancing my no ban long gun collection.  I would love to ad a 94 or 91 to my collection!  If we all send letters it might not do much, but its more effective than complaining to each other.

Bingo.  I'm in.
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Impact guns has both guns listed as "out of stock, accepting orders".
The SL8 is listed as SL8-6 rather than SL8-1, and the USC is listed as "TAN."

heres the URL:  http://www.impactguns.com/store/hk_rifles.html
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
Impact guns has both guns listed as "out of stock, accepting orders".
The SL8 is listed as SL8-6 rather than SL8-1, and the USC is listed as "TAN."

heres the URL:  http://www.impactguns.com/store/hk_rifles.html

Something can't be right about that... $2,200 for the SL8-6?  I mean, it's probably right, but what the hell makes it worth that much more than the SL8-1 was?
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 4:15:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Another aspect people should consider is the US governments hostility towards HK in general at both a public and private level.Is the import ban about gun safety? No. Its about foriegn countries not infringing upon people like Colts market share...Secondly, every contract HK has applied for save limited SOCOM contracts for the Mk23 and MSG have been dismissed out of hand. The G36, XM8, MG43,HK23*which makes WAY more since than a M249 as its caliber convertible*,USP and others. H&K makes superior weapons but always find themselves on the bottom of the DoD's lists despite making superior weapons. Keep in mind, H&K33 imported by Harrington and Richardson were in USN inventory and served in SE Asia with SEAL units with great success.Compare the early HK33 to the early AR15 or pre A1 M16 and its no contest, the HK is clearly superior....and yet it was passed over for no reason.

Even though the DoD treats them like a step child, the rest of the world doesn't.HK weapons arm much of the free world and perform quite well, as good or better than American systems. The combo of governmnet disdain/legislation has made HK hate us as much as we hate them. FN was fucked over with the T48, but giant SAW, M240 and SOCOM contracts have made them forget and willing to contribute to the civilian market. FN made the leap to an American country, much as SiG is going to. HK could have done the same and churned out a million civvie G36's and UMP's, but they are sick of our shit.
Rightly so...
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The G36, XM8, MG43,HK23*which makes WAY more since than a M249 as its caliber convertible*,USP and others. H&K makes superior weapons but always find themselves on the bottom of the DoD's lists despite making superior weapons.

We don't need a superior weapon that has trunnion cracking problems, even in the semi-auto, neutered civilian version.
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone know if the SL8-6 is capable of accepting G36 magazines???  If so I think it would be a cool weapon, as far as a long range rifle goes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#24]
No same as was imported before, only 10 rounds. Unless you do an aftermarket conversion.
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
No same as was imported before, only 10 rounds. Unless you do an aftermarket conversion.

Source?  The only reason I ask is because I believe that the SL8-5 did accept g36 mags.
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If HK started importing real HK94's again, those companies would go under in a hurry... even if they were slightly more expensive... but it doesn't seem that they would have to be.

Who knows why they won't do it...

You act like HK stopped importing HK94s because they wanted to.

1989, Bush Sr. import ban, no more worthwhile HK long guns in the US. Not HK's fault.
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#27]
looks like impact has the HK USC 45 in stock.

www.impactguns.com/store/642230200265.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I wish they'd make and import this:

and this:

I'm a sucker for wood and steel, and these guns were awesome. Modern versions of the G41 and G43. Goddamn. I wish...
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I might be tempted to grab a USC, but screw $2300+ for the SL8... I dont care if it IS black and has a G36 forearm...    for almost $1000 less, I'll go with a SIG 556 and build a 551 clone
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I might be tempted to grab a USC, but screw $2300+ for the SL8... I dont care if it IS black and has a G36 forearm...    for almost $1000 less, I'll go with a SIG 556 and build a 551 clone

Saw the SL8 for 2100 at Dallas Market Hall show looked ok but to me that price seems kind of crazy for a gun that would need a bunch of mods to reach the real cool level (folding stock...)  Seems like you could build up a way nice AR that would weigh a lot less.
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Saw the SL8 for 2100 at Dallas Market Hall show looked ok but to me that price seems kind of crazy for a gun that would need a bunch of mods to reach the real cool level (folding stock...)  Seems like you could build up a way nice AR that would weigh a lot less.

At that price it would almost be better to buy one already converted.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 4:54:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
looks like impact has the HK USC 45 in stock.

www.impactguns.com/store/642230200265.html

That ad is funny. Read the last sentence as it's wrong. The USC is a direct blowback which IMHO is it's down fall. It uses a very heavy bolt to delay opening which makes the gun jackhammer when fired rapidly.

They should make the USCs like this if they really wanted to sell them:

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 5:59:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

www.darlynn.com/albums/UMP-Pictures/ump_001.sized.jpg

Bomber

Damn!! That thing makes me all tingly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Bomber

Yes indeedy...  that other 'thing' is an abomination.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#35]
What was the pricing again on the (coming) USC?

FWIW I really enjoyed the one I had and had a case of 'sellers regret' after getting rid of it a few years ago.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#36]
More USC Porn:

Old and new:

Brothers in arms:

Halloween:

Speak softly and carry a big stick:

Link Posted: 1/10/2007 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
More USC Porn:

Halloween:

Thanks for the new Desktop Background.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Impact has the USC listed in grey and tan. They also have the SL8-6 listed with rails for like $2160. Looks like HK is really going to finally give us something. Not what we want, but something...
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Source?  The only reason I ask is because I believe that the SL8-5 did accept g36 mags.

Most recent batch of shot show photos shows the indentation on the receiver.

http://www.onpointfirearms.com/shotshow/2007/view/Flash.view/cover.php?name=Shot_Show_2007_Photos_Day_1

eta:  pic 85
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Modern versions of the G41 and G43. Goddamn. I wish...

Link Posted: 1/12/2007 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Modern versions of the G41 and G43. Goddamn. I wish...

i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/SigfanUSAF/1228shoot1.jpg
i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/SigfanUSAF/1228shoot3.jpg

Is that a Winchester 1876 Musket?

Don't see those every day.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#42]
The HK booth at the SHOT Show had an SL8 in black. They claim that HK USA has 1000 units on hand and it'll be out soon. Pics forthcoming. I know, who cares. lol

Link Posted: 1/13/2007 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Tell them to put the M-8 for sale here instead of giving us neutered bullshit to help along there bottom line. They are a fucking joke!!

Link Posted: 1/13/2007 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The HK booth at the SHOT Show had an SL8 in black. They claim that HK USA has 1000 units on hand and it'll be out soon. Pics forthcoming. I know, who cares. lol

they're already at dealers and in buyers' hands
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#45]
saw one today at the 1500.

It had the G36 forearms and a G36c/k type optics rail.  Dealer was smoking crack cause he wanted $2800 for it.  The reciever/magwell are indented on the lefthand side, and the serial number plate is in the rear of the reciever so you can't adapt it to take a g36 lower and stock easily. . .  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#46]
dont know about the sl8 but the dealer cost on a USC is $1294 according to my local guy, he said he's not ordering any.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top