BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hen why does it have a whole separate block for someone the sheriff designates to sign??? It says BY right in front of her name.
View Quote

Regardless, that signature line for the CLEO has to be filled in. The person with authority might have only had to print the sherifs name there then fill the rest out like she did. The blank signature spot is for the CLEO without it your cleo did not sign the form.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Regardless, that signature line for the CLEO has to be filled in. The person with authority might have only had to print the sherifs name there then fill the rest out like she did. The blank signature spot is for the CLEO without it your cleo did not sign the form.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hen why does it have a whole separate block for someone the sheriff designates to sign??? It says BY right in front of her name.

Weird, I wonder why that wasn't mentioned? It would seem to me that printing the name in the signature block would not be called for.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Weird, I wonder why that wasn't mentioned? It would seem to me that printing the name in the signature block would not be called for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The act of them printing the name there is a part of them signing it on their behalf.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The act of them printing the name there is a part of them signing it on their behalf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand what you're saying I just don't understand why he wouldn't have mentioned to me when we spoke. He said all I need to do was enclose something in writing that said she is authorized to sign for the sheriff.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I understand what you're saying I just don't understand why he wouldn't have mentioned to me when we spoke. He said all I need to do was enclose something in writing that said she is authorized to sign for the sheriff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is strange.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, it seems like a bad idea to post the photo of your CLEO (or CLEO designee) signature. I would venture a guess that your CLEO would not be pleased to know you had done this. Mine told me as much when he first signed for me and another in a neighboring county stopped signing for everyone after being publicly "outed" as you have done. I recommend you pull those photos down.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP, it seems like a bad idea to post the photo of your CLEO (or CLEO designee) signature. I would venture a guess that your CLEO would not be pleased to know you had done this. Mine told me as much when he first signed for me and another in a neighboring county stopped signing for everyone after being publicly "outed" as you have done. I recommend you pull those photos down.
View Quote

I cant think of why it would be a problem. When I get the problem resolved I will take them down.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you live in NC (as your name seems to imply) that's because your attorney general is anti NFA and puts pressure on CLEOs not to sign.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I cant think of why it would be a problem. When I get the problem resolved I will take them down.
View Quote

Is NV a "shall sign" state for CLEO signature? If it is, then you are likely correct. If CLEO signatures are discretionary, then the problem with posting his/her info is that the CLEO may decide to stop signing altogether.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Got a call back and was told that the forms were filled out correctly and they would approve them if I send them back in. The call was in response to the email(provide by dvp18 pg2) I sent where I explained everything in detail and provided the serial number of the approved form with the same signature.

So in summary I still am not sure who was right but it sounds like it is good to go. I will do one last post when the forms are returned with stamps affixed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad that is sorted out.

They have a bunch of new folks to deal with the backlog (and by some accounts first checks of paper forms are being done by "researchers" who are not examiners).  There are both advantages and disadvantages to hiring new people.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Glad that is sorted out.

They have a bunch of new folks to deal with the backlog (and by some accounts first checks of paper forms are being done by "researchers" who are not examiners).  There are both advantages and disadvantages to hiring new people.

Mike
View Quote

I am glad too. I was sweating like crazy. Going to send the forms back today so hopefully I get them back quickly
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top