BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OK, I bought more ammo 308, 223, 9mm and 22 my ammo locker is full. Bought ammo cans and more ammo. Jan 1st I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore guns for awhile. Well looks like I'll pickup a Socom, I found a 30 carbine receiver  I put away in the early 80s so I guess I be building a 30 carbine. And I always wanted a levergun in a pistol cal and maybe a 10mm upper. Haven't got to the handguns yet.

I have told mself this before too.  I haven't bought a gun since the last case of ammo arrived.  I could call myself a recovering ar-aholic, but I feel a relapse coming on.......  I have been trading stuff most of last year, trying to trick myself into recovery.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A true gun-junkie is someone who finds a bipod mount, and sees it as the foundation to build a new gun around.

Its like finding a hubcap, and building a new car around it!

Thanks...now I have some leverage on my wife.

We re-did our bathroom at our old house because my wife found a soap dish that she liked.
New vanity to match the dish, new paint, rugs, toilet, faucets, shower surround and cabinets.

I figured close to 2,000.00 to match a 12.00 soap dish!

I may have to play that card one of these days.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A true gun-junkie is someone who finds a bipod mount, and sees it as the foundation to build a new gun around.

Thanks...now I have some leverage on my wife.

We re-did our bathroom at our old house because my wife found a soap dish that she liked.
New vanity to match the dish, new paint, rugs, toilet, faucets, shower surround and cabinets.

I figured close to 2,000.00 to match a 12.00 soap dish!

I may have to play that card one of these days.

Now that is painful to hear Stoney!!!!  lol....

Interesting take on it though, and possibly a loop hole for our addiction....

My wife often comes home telling me how much money she saved on certain clothing items or picture frames, etc....cause she found them on sale.  Irregardless, the account is $100 less than what it was when she woke up that morning.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had a list.
I had a plan.
NO NEW GUNS THIS YEAR, JUST GO OUT & SHOOT. LOTS OF AMMO AND LOTS OF TRIGGER TIME.

Picked up 3 lowers Friday.

wganz

I do the exact same thing.

Resistance to BRD is futile.  I had no money.  So, I sold some of my ammo and have picked up two lowers (one preban, yes it sucks to live in NY) so far this year.

Fellow suffers, I have sinned and must confess. I looked upon another lower with lust in my heart and felt it was a good thing. The desire of having "Restricted: Civilian Use Only!" and the American Flag on the right side of the mag well was too much for this sinner. Now I must do penance by working OT on Sunday to pay for this and for uppers for it plus the three that I got last week.

wganz

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to ask one question Hokie, didn't you used to have a sigline that said all you want is a 20inch government profile?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive sold nearly everything in my parts box and excess gear, even my prized mint condition Walter Payton Rookie Card ive had forever is going out the door.

Ive had 9mm UZI on the brain for a longtime and after just putting together my 20" AR w/ Vltor i needed the cash from somewhere.

For me it never seems to be enough. I get one thing and i just want something else..
I purchased my first AR, and then an AK after that they have taken over...The IMI UZI is next and i swear it will be the last for a longtime..........

Who am I kidding I still need a Garand,L1A1,Sig Sauer P226,Not to mention Ammo for the ones I already have, More mags...oh yes more mags another Bolty Cause the sporterized Swed Mauser isnt gunna cut it, And an AK pistol to satisfy my Krink type obsession
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 3:26:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have to ask one question Hokie, didn't you used to have a sigline that said all you want is a 20inch government profile?

yep....but it made me a hippocrit - couldn't live with the lie
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#8]
When ever I want to save some money, I simply stop looking at all my gun related websites for awhile.  Out of sight ,out of mind, and I ain't kidding.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When ever I want to save some money, I simply stop looking at all my gun related websites for awhile.  Out of sight ,out of mind, and I ain't kidding.

Now if you could only put that in a bottle and sell it on the EE.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course when you starting looking at the websites again you buy twice as much stuff to catch up.  Yes, my name is monkeyman, and I am an addict.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course when you starting looking at the websites again you buy twice as much stuff to catch up.  Yes, my name is monkeyman, and I am an addict.

[applause from the support group] "hello monkeyman" [/applause from the support group]

It's bad........when you start feeling behind the times cause your Aimpoint dot is 4MOA and there's the 2MOA model out there......
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I just bought a pistol because I needed more mags for the other one of the same model I already had. The used one they had had a couple spare mags so it came home. I just got a lower to go with the spare A2 stock I had laying around (took off my carbine for a collapsible). And accessories are even worse, every time I convince myself I need to stop buying guns I turn to scopes, mags, ammo, parts, etc. Then I spend so much money and see I don't have a new gun to show for it I have to buy a new gun anyway. It's a vicious cycle. Or I decide to sell a gun to pay for the next one, get impatient and go ahead and buy before it sells. Then when it sells I buy another one even though I've already "spent" that money beforehand.

"Hi, I'm gunnut284 and I am an addict"
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#13]
One round, oops, I mean one day. at a time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#14]
BRD is now considered a general term...not just regulated to Black Rifle Disease....it encompasses the whole firearms products.

I am Dr Stoney Point, I am a recovering addict as well...ah hell who am I kidding? I am still an addict. I will be getting an M1 next month....
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#15]
What's that song by Huey Lewis?   "I want a new drug"

Maybe change the words to 'I want a new gun'

I want a new drug gun
One that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red

I want a new drug gun
One that won't go away
One that won't keep me up all night
One that won't make me sleep all day

One that won't make me nervous
Wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you

I want a new drug gun
One that does what it should
One that won't make me feel too bad
One that won't make me feel too good

I want a new drug gun
One with no doubt
One that won't make me talk too much
Or make my face break out

One that won't make me nervous
Wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you
I'm alone with you
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
OR....

you can rack up over a $5,000 tab set off by simply noticing that you have a spare bipod on the shelf!

Hokie, thanks for sharing your aberation. I may help some of us who are not so far along. Now let me say,

Hi, my name is callgood, and I'm a gunaholic.
I bought my Buchmaster because I had 20 Colt 20 round mags from my Army gig. I mean, what the hack would you keep those for 20 years for if FATE didn't intend..... You get the picture.
Unfortunately, I have no sons to dump this stuff on, that sort of keeps it in check. I do have a daughter in college, and that sure as heck keeps things in check- "Hey did, could you send a check along for books?" Both my girls like to shoot, but primarily handguns. If the youngest will graduate on time and I can move them along to larger weapons, who knows. I'm printing this thread as a reminder of the depths I can sink to if I'm not careful.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#17]
You guys aren't just whistling Dixie .
 The EE board is a Dangerous place . And Addictive .
I remember back in 96-97 on the old AR board I just had to upgrade my modem just to get to the EE board faster . I had to spend the money on a new modem to safe all that money I spent on the EE board buying preban USGI mags . And ammo and guns and acessories and on and on .
 Makes alot of sence don't it .
 Just like an addiction I guess .
My upstairs walk in bedroom closet is 2/3 full of MY shootin stuff and the safe .
 I am surprised my wife puts up with it . My oldest daughter recently moved out and I seriously thought about turning her old room into a new gun room .

Recently in order to save money I have been trying to swap more and spend less .
Sometimes it works , but then sometimes not . I found a Mossy .22 bolt gun I had to have ,
Went to an auction and got a hell of a deal on an AK . ( after I just sold off all my AK rifles and mags and such ) So know I can start all over again .

I could go on , just like the list of guns I want but don't yet have .
 You get the idea ....
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#18]
When I was a kid I used to write lists of guns I wanted to own from reading books (like Shooters Bible, Gun Traders Guide and Gun Digest). I kept the lists a look back at them sometimes. I had some good taste and some poor taste, but sometimes when I look at them I see something I forgot I used to want. Then I get a bug up my ass to go find one of those like wished for back then. That has added quite a few to the collection (my favorite being a Winchester 9422 Boy Scout commemorative).
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Shoot, all I need is a bipod for my SPR and I'm through!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top