Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Got any details on how MP7s are holding up? I know we can't buy them but just curious how yours are doing. I can't imagine how hard it is to get parts for those if/when they go down.

Thanks for the thread!
VP
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is a very good possibility with the owner in question!

Another thought I had was that he had a piece of spent brass stuck in the works (maybe under the ejector, I've seen it happen) and was trying to reload on top of that as well...
View Quote
I had a piece stuck in there for weeks through multiple range trips. It ran probably 95% reliably. Finally found it once it came free enough to start rattling.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got any details on how MP7s are holding up? I know we can't buy them but just curious how yours are doing. I can't imagine how hard it is to get parts for those if/when they go down.

Thanks for the thread!
View Quote
The MP7's are holding up well but they don't get used nearly as often as the more common guns.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say the GREATEST upgrade of all time for the MP5's has been the M.A.D. bolts. We've gone from replacing springs every 2-3 days to every one and a half to two months. THE greatest upgrade in the history of Battlefield Vegas and we DO NOT get them for free. I am not pushing their products because of free products.. but because it has made life SO much better for my staff.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would say the GREATEST upgrade of all time for the MP5's has been the M.A.D. bolts. We've gone from replacing springs every 2-3 days to every one and a half to two months. THE greatest upgrade in the history of Battlefield Vegas and we DO NOT get them for free. I am not pushing their products because of free products.. but because it has made life SO much better for my staff.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
I dont have as many rounds downrange bu they are a great upgrade
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Ron, what magazines do you use with your MP5s? Do you see any differences between, say, actual HK mags and ATI, KCI or POF magazines (if you use them)?
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ron, what magazines do you use with your MP5s? Do you see any differences between, say, actual HK mags and ATI, KCI or POF magazines (if you use them)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
He mentions magazines in the first post.

I also want to mention the various types of magazines we on the range. We use POF, MKE, the Taiwan-made magazines with parkerized finish and chrome follower as well some HK factory mags mixed in. They all seem to function about the same but the HK factory units do last the longest. The biggest problem with them is weak springs that cause malfunctions. These magazines can get loaded 50-60 times a day and the springs don't last forever. We used to replace the springs with Wolff extra power springs but at this point, it's cheaper and more efficient to just replace the magazine.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve read the whole thread, but wasn’t thinking about magazines when I started.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#9]
@HendersonDefense

Do you still have any PTR rifles on the line?  If so, what models?  How are they holding up?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I know it's been forever since I've responded. It seems like it never ends and never enough time in the day.

The PTR's that we use on the line are the G3 semi-auto clones. They get used a LOT and the one thing I would recommend to all owners, purchase some spare NEW factory recoil springs. Ours get more abuse than most and after thousands of rounds, the recoil springs do lose strength and send the bolt back without enough dampening effect. This causes the bolt to hit the rear buffer so hard that the rollers eventually start to "nipple" the receiver. Other than one one trunion that had too many rounds, this is the only way we've lost any PTR's. It's a great rifle and if I owned a semi-auto one for personal use, I don't think I could ever replicate that issue.

Also, the newest MP5 magazines from KCI (they have a new name since they started production here in Nevada but can't think of it) are their best quality yet. They haven't asked me to mention or review their product but they drop off magazines at BFV about every 60 days. The MP5's get used every single day over and over and magazines are such a critical component of making that system run.

Lastly, I know some of you guys will never purchase the M.A.D. bolts because of the price but that is the SINGLE BEST INVESTMENT we ever made to the MP5's and clones we since opening. I could take even the worst MP5 clones we've used over the years and put a M.A.D. bolt in it and I would be perfectly happy. We are down to swapping out extractor springs once every four weeks instead of every two days. We used every type of factory-style spring from HK and the various manufactures and we couldn't get more than 2-3 days at best.

I'll scroll up and see if there are other questions that I can answer.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
It may have been answered on the ar15 page, but how are HK416s holding up? Any 417s?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Good to hear on the KCI mags
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone finding a good source for the KCI mags?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone finding a good source for the KCI mags?
View Quote
Am curious about this too, though I’m stocked up on HK, MKE, and POF mags.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]
definitely interested in domestic KCI mags, thanks for the info
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been looking, and all the places I've found that list KCI MP5 mags are out of stock...  Maybe I'm not searching as well as I might, but it's been disappointing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've been looking, and all the places I've found that list KCI MP5 mags are out of stock...  Maybe I'm not searching as well as I might, but it's been disappointing.
View Quote
HK parts has them for 29.95.........they are the Korean ones though
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Lastly, I know some of you guys will never purchase the M.A.D. bolts because of the price but that is the SINGLE BEST INVESTMENT we ever made to the MP5's and clones we since opening.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
the best way to look at the mad bolt upgrade is that, if you already have a bolt you can sell it -a new rcm costs 200 or so.  Sell it for 160 or more and then your upgrade was only 140 or better.  Its well worth 140 bucks, i dont care that you can blah blabh blah buy x amount 6 dollar springs for that much - if I can reliably shoot steel cased ammo without destroying a spring every 500 rounds it will pay for itself pretty damn quick.  and if you are building a gun its a no brainer, just buy the mad
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
the best way to look at the mad bolt upgrade is that, if you already have a bolt you can sell it -a new rcm costs 200 or so.  Sell it for 160 or more and then your upgrade was only 140 or better.  Its well worth 140 bucks, i dont care that you can blah blabh blah buy x amount 6 dollar springs for that much - if I can reliably shoot steel cased ammo without destroying a spring every 500 rounds it will pay for itself pretty damn quick.  and if you are building a gun its a no brainer, just buy the mad
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lastly, I know some of you guys will never purchase the M.A.D. bolts because of the price but that is the SINGLE BEST INVESTMENT we ever made to the MP5's and clones we since opening.

V/R
Ron
I will eventually get one for my Zenith
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I know it's been forever since I've responded. It seems like it never ends and never enough time in the day.

The PTR's that we use on the line are the G3 semi-auto clones. They get used a LOT and the one thing I would recommend to all owners, purchase some spare NEW factory recoil springs. Ours get more abuse than most and after thousands of rounds, the recoil springs do lose strength and send the bolt back without enough dampening effect. This causes the bolt to hit the rear buffer so hard that the rollers eventually start to "nipple" the receiver. Other than one one trunion that had too many rounds, this is the only way we've lost any PTR's. It's a great rifle and if I owned a semi-auto one for personal use, I don't think I could ever replicate that issue.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Great to hear.  Last question.  How are the barrels holding up?
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Great to hear.  Last question.  How are the barrels holding up?  
View Quote
We haven't had any issues with the barrels. The problem with high-volume use of HK91-type platforms, in my opinion, is that the receivers fail before the barrels do. It's not that the receivers crack or shear but the rollers will cause bilateral bulging at the point where the carrier hits the buffer in the stock. We try to keep up with recoil spring replacement but still haven't put in the system for alert notifications.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

but the rollers will cause bilateral bulging at the point where the carrier hits the buffer in the stock.
View Quote
have you tried heavier buffers or even a 21e buffer?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top