Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally got mine in today. I've got a question though.  Does the prybar end make it impossible for you guys to hold the knife comfortably?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Finally got mine in today. I've got a question though.  Does the prybar end make it impossible for you guys to hold the knife comfortably?

I have the opposite problem - the knife makes the prybar impossible to use without slicing my hand off
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the opposite problem - the knife makes the prybar impossible to use without slicing my hand off

Make sure your holding it as intended.  See the following video.  I'm going to give it a shot, but I can't see it not causing a pretty bad hotspot on the back of my hand if it were to be used much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=studIpxZ9pY
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
ETA: this is a response to post about the prybar part diggin into the hand

Mostly, depends on the cut and grip. But, for general, that thing sticks in the fat of my hand.

Also, the blade ain't as full/fat as an ESEE Eskabar. Kinda disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a little disappointed in the geometry of the blade in the hand as well. Without a handle the grip is too small. With a paracord wrap to remedy this it pushes your index finger out  enough that you have to start worrying about slipping onto the edge because there is no choil or shoulder. I am debating whether or not I should file off the first 1/8" of the edge.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my Izula in today.  I'm not sure about steel comparisons or anything like that, but the Izula is 100% more comfortable in the hand to me.  I guess i'll hang on to the scrapivore for a little while longer and see if it grows on me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got my Izula in today.  I'm not sure about steel comparisons or anything like that, but the Izula is 100% more comfortable in the hand to me.  I guess i'll hang on to the scrapivore for a little while longer and see if it grows on me.

I liked the Scrapivore because of the prybar handle, but the Izula feels better in the hand.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I've had a little time to handle it and it feels like there would be a chance to cut your index finger on the blade.  I wish they made the blade a little bit wider to stop that and made the handle a bit longer.  The design has good features, but needs some tweaks.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top