User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Hex yeah!
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]

I am driving from Colorado to Mt. Carroll and will be staying Friday the 23rd and probably the 24th somewhere in the Mt. Carroll area. It would be cool if those needing to stay at a Motel/Hotel could stay at the same place for Brotherhood purposes. Does anyone have an opinion or know where a place to stay would be that is close to the shoot.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I am driving from Colorado to Mt. Carroll and will be staying Friday the 23rd and probably the 24th somewhere in the Mt. Carroll area. It would be cool if those needing to stay at a Motel/Hotel could stay at the same place for Brotherhood purposes. Does anyone have an opinion or know where a place to stay would be that is close to the shoot.

I will probably just be there for the day but I am looking forward to seeing you there Bob!
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will probably just be there for the day but I am looking forward to seeing you there Bob!

I'm looking forward to seeing you too, Dave. This will be a great event. Bullpup Gathering II. I look forward to meeting and visiting with everyone. It's really cool when those with a common passion can get together.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone ask this via PM, so I thought I would answer here for all to see:

Q: "Is it OK to bring items to swap or sell?  Do I have to be a Vendor to do that?"

A: Yes, you can bring whatever you want o swap and sell, and you do not need to be a Vendor.  Think of this as the Woodstock love in of bullpup rifles.

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Haven't been here in awhile, but glad I saw this.  Had a great time at the shoot last year!
Count me in and thanx for putting this together Sven!
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a question, How much do you figure the price of ammo might be?

Drop me a PM if you need to.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't have any prices, but ammo will be available pretty much at cost.

Last year they were selling XM193 for $280 per 1,000 round case if that is any indication!  

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have any prices, but ammo will be available pretty much at cost.

Last year they were selling XM193 for $280 per 1,000 round case if that is any indication!  

Oooh, I might "hog the AUG" if it's like that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The official webpage is up, it will have more info as more details come through.

http://www.bullpupshoot.com
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The official webpage is up, it will have more info as more details come through.

You may want to verify the URL for Juggernaut Tactical.  I click it and get a site not found, but when I use http://www.jtactical.com/ it works just fine.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may want to verify the URL for Juggernaut Tactical.  I click it and get a site not found, but when I use http://www.jtactical.com/ it works just fine.

good catch, i'll get it corrected

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 2:58:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good catch, i'll get it corrected

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Nice web site... check the bottom of the Contact Us page...
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok, new time new location, I'm still coming for sure.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You damn well better, and you better bring that SIG556!
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You damn well better, and you better bring that SIG556!

For sure.  I just bought a nice scope for it, I should have time to get it mounted and zeroed before the meet.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I just secured a room at the Super8 in Savanna, Il. (8.7) miles from Impact Range on Skunk Hollow Rd.
Rizzo may be staying with me. I encourage anyone who needs to find a room for Friday night to stay here so we can all visit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#18]
New date should be after I start terminal leave, coming is now a possibility. It would be nice for my stg 556 to meet some of its sisters .
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I see it now got changed from a weekend I was off and a location that was only 45 minutes away now to a weekend I am working and a location almost 4 hrs away. That stinks. Looks like I won't be going this year. Have fun everyone...
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I see it now got changed from a weekend I was off and a location that was only 45 minutes away now to a weekend I am working and a location almost 4 hrs away. That stinks. Looks like I won't be going this year. Have fun everyone...

Sorry bro, wish we could accomodate everyone....

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Okay guys, tell me what I need to bring with me to the shoot besides the weaponry!
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:33:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Dammit 1,185 miles from my home.

Maybe next year if you have one again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:38:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Okay guys, tell me what I need to bring with me to the shoot besides the weaponry!

It will be loud.  I will have earplugs backed up by muffs.  A camera.  And Bob, if you have made any more cool products, you should bring them to show us.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:26:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be loud.  I will have earplugs backed up by muffs.  A camera.  And Bob, if you have made any more cool products, you should bring them to show us.

I was thinking about photography. Why not hire or have someone who is good do video and still of it all. It would make for a great promo for the brotherhood. Those who are still in deep cover or think they might be could wear black hoods.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm coming from SC!!

RFB and Maverick 500 Bullpup in tow...
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm coming from SC!!

Awesome!  

Are you staying at the Motel 8 in Savanna?

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#27]
BTW, family, friends, and children are welcome. Ear protection is recommended. I would also bring eye protection if you are planning on shooting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm coming from SC!!

Awesome!  

Yes, but I haven't made the reservation yet (waiting to see who, & how-many, might be car-pooling)...
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm coming from SC!!

Awesome!  

Yes, but I haven't made the reservation yet (waiting to see who, & how-many, might be car-pooling)...

Great you are staying there!

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#30]
If anyone is staying aat the Motel 8 in Savanna let me know - if we can get 5-10 rooms reserved I'll see if we can retroactively get a group rate.  But I will need a head/room count.

Just shoot me a PM.

Sven
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just secured a room at the Super8 in Savanna, Il. (8.7) miles from Impact Range on Skunk Hollow Rd.
Rizzo may be staying with me. I encourage anyone who needs to find a room for Friday night to stay here so we can all visit.

Posted on page 3

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#32]
We(DSArms) will be coming.

I will be bringing full auto OSWs, M4s, RPD carbine and of course a bullpup; a full auto P90 If anyone wants us to bring uppers or ? to buy lmk

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll have to consider coming to this.  It's only a 4.5 hour drive for me, I figure about $75 worth of gas in the JCW.

Too bad we can't carry in IL
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll have to consider coming to this.  It's only a 4.5 hour drive for me, I figure about $75 worth of gas in the JCW.

You should come, and bring your TPD!  I keep hearing more about this event, and the more I hear, the better it sounds.  With Ratworx, and now DSA, this is going to be like a little version of Knob Creek in western Illinois!  It is going to be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#35]
If you're looking for someone to put together some video, I did this video of an NFA shoot we had in Iowa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IXlUC3rjN4

It's almost 100% 120fps video played back at 30fps.  Makes full auto look pretty cool.

I'm thinking if I come, I'll stay somewhere in Davenport Friday night...  I hate the idea of disarming at the border!
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We(DSArms) will be coming.

I will be bringing full auto OSWs, M4s, RPD carbine and of course a bullpup; a full auto P90 If anyone wants us to bring uppers or ? to buy lmk

Thanks

WOW!  Great to hear!  It will be good to see you and your awesome toys!  This just keeps getting better and better!
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You wouldn't want to miss meeting Bob.

Link Posted: 8/20/2011 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking about photography. Why not hire or have someone who is good do video and still of it all. It would make for a great promo for the brotherhood. Those who are still in deep cover or think they might be could wear black hoods.

People are welcome to take video and pictures of anything and everything, plus we already got some video/photography lined up...I expect anyone who doesn't make it will be able to see it on youtube within 24 hours, you know, social media and all that.

Spart, please feel free (and I encourage you) to bring your video camera, that was a good video!  That lady shooting the MP5 look a wee bit overwhelmed!
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No problem. Maybe next year we can do it back at the first place...

Link Posted: 8/23/2011 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem. Maybe next year we can do it back at the first place...

I hope not. The "first place" is the singular worst shooting range/facility I have ever been to, and I have been to a lot of them.  I hesitate to refer to it as a range.  Standing on the edge of a mudpuddle shooting into dirt, no targets, with the RO's looking for a reason to kick us out because they are sore that they can't own machine guns, sucks in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#41]
We won't be going back to Buffalo Range in Ottawa.

The no cameras/video thing and the $25 range fee is ultimately not what we want, we want everyone to be able to take pics and video and to not have to pay a dime to walk in and see everything.

I know it is more of a drive for some folks farther south, but I think that is more than a fair tradeoff in exchange getting to use your personal weapons at top notch range all day long for free and getting to try out neat stuff for only the cost of ammo.

Certainly anyone is welcome to head out to Buffalo Range on Sept 10th and meet up, it just won't be the venue for the Bullpup Shoot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey Sven I got a question for ya....
I am considering bringing some other toys in addition to my E4.  I was hoping to get some things done all in one outing....I need to sight in my AR pistol, 9mm carbine, and also pattern two shotguns.  Is this something I can conveniently do while I am there or will it be better logistically just to do those things a separate time?  I am not sure how the place is layed out....
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am considering bringing some other toys in addition to my E4.  I was hoping to get some things done all in one outing....I need to sight in my AR pistol, 9mm carbine, and also pattern two shotguns.  Is this something I can conveniently do while I am there or will it be better logistically just to do those things a separate time?  I am not sure how the place is layed out....

Good question!  Sight in your toys before the shoot, the event will not be set up for target shooting or sighting in.

There is a good chance the greater portion of Range 1 is going to be occupied by full auto vendor guns at this point which is awesome, but it will be a "hot" line almost all day shooting at steel poppers except when our "special target" gets set up around noon. We have the ability to expand onto Range 2, but once again it will be a hot line with steel popper targets.

You can bring non-bullpup firearms, but there is no guarantee that there will be space/time to use them, the shoot is meant for bullpups, and we would like to keep the focus on that on the line- we are hoping to get some photos/video of the entire line occupied by bullpups shooting all at once.
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#44]
If you've got a good camera and photo skillz make sure you bring both to the shoot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you've got a good camera and photo skillz make sure you bring both to the shoot.

We can't drag you out to the shoot?  C'mon man, how can you miss this?
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#46]
this question is for those coming to the event, but not bullpup related.

wondering if anyone owns one of the 5.7 uppers for an AR15

I own a 9mm SBR lower and think that would be another cool addition for this lower - but I have no clue if the spent 5.7 casing will fall out the bottom.

Thanks
Peter
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Is there a list yet of those coming?
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Bob
Dave
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Bring all the cool guns you want.  There will be a lot of them there!
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob
Dave

Dave, this list is not growing. So far it's just the two of us that are going to the shoot. We'll have a great time.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top